Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "The Princess and the Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play.
What's New in Version 3.36
NEW EXPANSION: The Princess and the Dragon
• The Dragon rampages through the country, eating everything in its way
• The Princess kicks meeple out of her castle
• Magic Portals are like a teleportation spell for your meeple
• The Fairy protects meeple from the Dragon and grants extra points
FIXES in 3.36
• The numbers on solitaire scoring markers are back.
• When viewing Priness moves in the Tally, arrows on meeple that were sent home were misaligned.
• When moving the fairy or placing meeple using magic portals, game pieces sometimes moved a little on the board.
FIXES in 3.35:
• The princess and dragon expansion had to be restored manually after updating to 3.33
FIXES in 3.33:
• Scoring occurred before a Dragon move instead of after
• Detailed scoring confusingly displayed the Inn in games without Inns & Cathedrals rules
• Players could not place the fairy if they had no meeple left and played a princess tile
FIXES in 3.32:
• River cards were not shown in the remaining tiles overview on iPhone
• The game could freeze after placing a tile
• The iPhone would not show the double meeple in the status bar
• The game would not zoom out automatically anymore on the iPad
• The fairy was sometimes displayed twice or in the wrong place
• Local multplayer game did not work if a device was restored from a backup
• Sometimes, avatar images were not displayed
• An area could be scored twice under certain conditions
• Fixed display of scores of 100 or higher
• In-app purchases could fail under certain conditions
FIX in 3.31:
• iPad users could be stuck in the Resume Game Screen
Incredible user experience.
As a recent huge fan of the board game, the experience is replicated and enhanced fantastically throughout this game. The gameplay, whether local or over the cloud is incredibly matched to the real version. Enhancements like chatting on cloud based games, and zoom capability capture the experience of laying down the tiles yourself.
I'm ANXIOUSLY awaiting more expansions. I hope they keep working to bring in the expansions with the Mayors, Phantoms, Towers, and City of Carcassonne.
Possibly better than the board game
All that's missing is the endless advice from across the table.
Also, the tutorial was very confusing until I thought to turn off the mute switch.
Better than the tabletop game
I like it more than the table top because we can play more games faster. My wife and I play constantly while at dinner or waiting in line
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 3.36
- Size: 208 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: TheCodingMonkeys
- © 2010 TheCodingMonkeys & Hans im Glück Verlag
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Inns & Cathedrals$1.99
- Traders & Builders$1.99
- Princess & Dragon$1.99