Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• "Double Base Tile Set" adds the possibility to play with twice the amount of base game (or winter) cards.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play. There is also the "Automatic" category that tries to match you up with anyone who wants to play right now.
What's New in Version 4.05
FIXES in 4.05
• Fixed graphics glitch in princess move.
• It's possible againt to select an image for a newly created internet account.
FIXES in 4.04
• All-winter tile set when using winter expansion.
• The Gingerbread Man can also be placed via drag & drop on the iPhone.
• Gingerbread Man points are displayed in the overview at the end of a game.
• The manual section is now clearer on what the Winter Expansion does.
• Fixed blurry tile graphics on iPad 3
• Fixed crash if first volcano tile is discarded.
• Fixed several other crashes.
My new favorite game
I bought this app because I wanted to try the game out before buying the actual board game, and it quickly became my favorite board game ever.
Honestly, it was the first app I ever purchased, and I'm really glad I got it. I quickly saw how much of a deal the expansions were, so I bought all of them. Each one changes the game in unique and fun ways.
The app is so well made and so fun that I never got the actual board game. The app is MUCH cheaper, takes no time to set up or put away, and requires no space to store it (as opposed to the large box and multiple small boxes for the game and its expansions) that it made more sense to just play the game digitally.
Even with the expansions, this game is simple enough that my kids (ages 8 and 5) enjoy it, but it's different each time and challenging enough for a lifetime gamer like me. If you're looking for a great game, you can't go wrong with Carcassonne. It just may be your new favorite game.
Fantastic port of the game.
Hands down, this is the best board game app in the entire App Store. The app is a must have for any Carcassonne fan. I love playing with my family long distance, or pass and play around the kitchen table. I can't wait for more expansions to come out. My kids love the music that plays when it is time to move the dragon. Keep the expansions coming. Great job developers. Well worth the price!!
Recent Update Crashes Frequently
The update which introduced Winter and Double Base Tile Set expansions also introduced extremely frequent crashes on my iPhone 5 and iPad 3,2. More than once per game (!!) I get dumped back to iOS. Fortunately the game state is preserved but it takes the app quite a long time to get back to playability upon relaunch as it cycles through several non-responsive screens. It's a huge annoyance in an otherwise very enjoyable game. Subsequent updates have not improved reliability.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 4.05
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: TheCodingMonkeys
- © 2010 TheCodingMonkeys & Hans im Glück Verlag
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Inns & Cathedrals$1.99
- Traders & Builders$1.99
- Princess & Dragon$1.99
- Double Base Tile Set$0.99