Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline. Includes six expansions!
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Cross-platform play with iOS version
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Internet multiplayer
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Includes all expansions released for iOS:
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns & Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• Easy mode that does not count fields, ideal for Kids.
• 9 different AI players: Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock.
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Play with Game Center friends
What's New in Version 1.1.1
Introducing three mini expansions for your Carcassonne playing pleasure.
Fixed in 1.1.1:
• Using a new technology to make local network games work again.
• Scores from German Cathedrals were sometimes displayed multiple times.
• Fixed a crash when chatting
• Abbot recall now works immediately (before dragon move)
• Stability improvements
• Various scoring fixes.
• The Abbot could not be recalled when a player had no meeple left.
New in 1.1.0:
The Abbot is a new game piece you place on Cloisters or Gardens (a new tile feature that will magically appear on some existing tiles). You can recall the Abbot at any time during the game, scoring points without needing to finish the Cloister or Garden first.
The Old River
This was the very first expansion evver to be published for Carcassonne. Introduced at the SPIEL 2001 toy fair in Germany, it remains a true collector's item.
The newest mini expansion comprising six famous German cathedrals, so new it's not even available in print yet until mid October.
You can place a meeple on a German cathedral to score points. Roads connected to a German cathedral score bonus points.
• Pigs and the Builder are no longer placeable through magic portals.
Want to like this more...
I’m a daily user of the iOS app on the iPhone and iPad, which are amazing.
This app is glitchy and a bummer. I am hopeful that for $25, they will make some updates that make this version playable. :P
OK Port of a Great Game
I’ve been a huge fan of the iOS version of the game and so I was excited to repay the favor of great updates by purchasing the Mac version. I’m sorry to say it is disappointing. The game suffers from quite a bit of lag. I’ve got the best graphics chip you can get, maxed out memory, and speedy CPU on my MBP, but zooming lags, sound doesn’t sync with what’s going on the screen, etc. I really hope that they put the same level of polish into this version of the game as they do on the mobile platform.
UPDATE: No meaningful improvements to my original review have been made. There are still a number of game-play bugs: Meeple are not removed during scoring at the end of the game, the dragon doesn’t show where he has been and all possible moves, etc. Sad face.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 05, 2016
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 282 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: TheCodingMonkeys
- © 2010 - 2016 TheCodingMonkeys & Hans im Glück Verlag
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor