Cardiio helps you measure your pulse (heart rate) using your phone camera, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your iPhone or iPad in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training exercises that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Save, edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
HEALTH KIT INTEGRATION
• Save your heart rate measurements to the Apple Health app.
*Upgrade to PRO to enjoy the full features of the app!
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: email@example.com
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Bug fixes. More options to export saved data!
Ratings and Reviews
A reasonable app
Generally good. The sensor part of the app does a reasonable job, when the circulation to my finger is good. Sometimes after a strenuous workout, or even during one measurements can get squirrelly. My BP tends towards low and so sometimes given the right circumstances it looks like I'm flat lining it.
The basic app is festooned with adds/add-ons of dubious benefit. Not quite as bad as some of the other count your heartbeat apps, but they're there.
Update 8/17 They've upgraded the measurement function so it reliably works on my iPhone 7. It's much better than doing a remote facial pulse determination. The add ons are still a bit gooey. I'm certain waveform will prove useful, but getting useful medical data from sporadic measurements is a bit weird.
Best Pulse bpm ios app
Before using Cardio I tried several 'free' apps and a few paid apps and all were unsatisfactory. First, most of these other apps indicate they are for iPhone and iPad but they do not work on the iPad because to take a finger reading you need a camera with light--iPad has no camera light. The Cardio app works on both iPhone and iPad and automatically imports results into Apple's Health app. Cardio measures pulse by either finger or face readings on iPhone and by face on the iPad. Readings are very accurate and match the exact same values taken in my physician's office. Excellent customer service if you have any questions.
Scared straight user
I really like this app. It’s a tool I can use as often as I want in a day to keep tabs on my heart rate. I downloaded the app one night when I felt my heart running away with itself. The reading and additional information and estimates scared me enough to make some needed changes in my life. That night I also downloaded two other apps that were not user friendly. My mother started using this app a few weeks before me and highly recommends it. She has CHF and is working hard to control it. Thank you for being my constant companion on my journey back to good health!
- Cardiio, Inc.
- 43.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cardiio, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade! $9.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack $7.99
- Hypothetical Life Expectancy Pack $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.