Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout Exercise Routine for Cardio Health and Fitness
By Cardiio, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cardiio helps you measure your heart rate, learn how the numbers relate to your health, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Popular Science Top 10 Inventions 2011 *** Featured in the New York Times, BBC, The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
The Cardiio app turns your iPhone or iPad into a heart rate monitor!
HEART RATE MONITORING, reinvented:
• Just hold your phone or tablet in front of you, or
• Simply cover the rear camera with your finger to read your pulse in seconds
GAIN INSIGHT into what your heart rate numbers mean:
• Get a fitness level rating based on your heart rate
• Calculate your endurance score (VO2 max)
• See how your heart rate stacks up to people from other countries and famous athletes
• Obtain a gender- and age- specific heart rate analysis [*PRO]
• Estimate your potential life expectancy [*PRO]
GET HEALTHIER, improve your fitness and endurance:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training program that only takes 7 minutes to complete, and can be performed anywhere
• 7-minute workout consists of 12 exercises with detailed explanations and audio cues
• Find out your target heart rate range to maximize your workout [*PRO]
• Know how many calories you've burned by simply measuring your active heart rate after any workout session [*PRO]
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE over time:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
• Compete with your friends on Facebook to see who's the fittest
• Syncs with Apple Health, RunKeeper
• Share your achievements to Facebook, Twitter.
*UPGRADE to enjoy all the PRO features!
MAGICAL, BUT NOT A TRICK
Cardiio’s technology is based on cutting-edge research and science conducted at the MIT Media Lab. The measurement principles are the same as clinical pulse oximeters. Every time your heart beats, more blood rushes through the vessels in your face, causing them to expand. The increase in blood volume absorbs more light, resulting in a decrease in the amount of light reflected from your face. Using sophisticated software, your iPhone's camera can track these tiny variations in light that are invisible to the naked eye to calculate your heart rate.
Studies have shown that our heart rate measurements are within 3 bpm of a clinical pulse oximeter when performed at rest in a well-lit environment (Poh et al., Optics Express 2010, Poh et al., IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 2011).
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST ACCURACY
• Look ahead and hold your phone 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
• Don’t have a bright background behind you (backlight) - it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Fold one arm across your chest and rest the other arm that’s holding your phone against it to provide support and reduce motion of the phone during measurement.
• Hold your phone steady and keep still during the measurement.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: email@example.com
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
Although accurate when used properly, Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for research, informational and educational purposes only.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
-Updated for iOS 9
-Improved finger detection
Innovative, easy to use
I tried using Cardiio on my iPod touch a few years ago, and thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen an iOS device do. Then I got an iPhone, and the camera was so much better and so much more accurate that I was again blown away by how easy to use and accurate this app was at measuring your heart rate.
I recently had a medical accident and am in the process of healing, and it is very helpful to be able to record my heart rate throughout the week and report to my doctor. Cardiio and apps like it give me hope that the future will be one of patients being able to record a multitude of biometrics at home instead of having to wait until a doctors visit.
Sort of works, wants you to share!
It's a good pulse rate app with extras
I've found the pulse to be pretty accurate within 2-3 beats. I decided to purchase the ad-free version since I liked the exercise section of this app. I do exercise every day but this reminds me to do a little extra when I'm just sitting & watching the news. I have no reason not to get on the floor to do push ups. One small caveat is that I would give 15 seconds between exercises rather than 10. Depending on the next exercise it isn't always easy to switch positions quickly and keep proper form. Overall I liked it enough to pay $2 for it and Devs need financing to improve.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 20, 2015
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 34.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cardiio, Inc.
- © 2015 Cardiio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade!$6.99
- Life Expectancy Pack$2.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack$3.99
- Specific Heart Rate Pack$2.99
- Calorie-Burn Monitor$4.99
- Target Heart Rate Pack$3.99
- Coach Max$0.99
- Remove Ads/Rewards$1.99
- Coach Nadia$1.99
- Coach Emma$0.99