Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout
By Cardiio, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cardiio helps you measure your pulse (heart rate) using your phone camera, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your iPhone or iPad in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training exercises that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Save, edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: email@example.com
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
What's New in Version 4.0
Welcome to a fresh new look of Cardiio! We hope you'll love it.
A reasonable app
Generally good. The sensor part of the app does a reasonable job, when the circulation to my finger is good. Sometimes after a strenuous workout, or even during one measurements can get squirrelly. My BP tends towards low and so sometimes given the right circumstances it looks like I'm flat lining it.
The basic app is festooned with adds/add-ons of dubious benefit. Not quite as bad as some of the other count your heartbeat apps, but they're there.
Update 8/17 They've upgraded the measurement function so it reliably works on my iPhone 7. It's much better than doing a remote facial pulse determination. The add ons are still a bit gooey. I'm certain waveform will prove useful, but getting useful medical data from sporadic measurements is a bit weird.
App appears to be accurate most of the time. Great for keeping track of progress. I have anxiety so I like to check while coming down from an anxiety attack so I know where I am. It's too bad their isn't another option other than rest and active. Technically while having anxiety you wouldn't want to categorize as rest but you also couldn't categorize as active. It would be nice if there was another category so my checks during anxiety won't be grouped toward the average for resting heart rate.
Great incentives 😍
My favorite app, gives me the incentive to exercise when I don't go to the gym. Always good to know your heart Health in comparison to every one else in your age group. The slower your heart the stronger it is. Unless you're suffering from heart failure. Going with the Cardiio part of the app, I do feel better the rest of the day, I give this a five star rating for sure.‼️PS-your heart is a muscle if you don't use it it will become weaker!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cardiio, Inc.
- © 2017 Cardiio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade!$12.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack$9.99
- Hypothetical Life Expectancy Pack$4.99
- Specific Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Calorie-Burn Estimator$4.99
- Target Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Remove Promo Banner$4.99
- Coach Max$0.99
- Coach Emma$0.99
- Coach Nadia$1.99