Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout
By Cardiio, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cardiio helps you measure your heart rate, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your phone or tablet in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training program that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
What's New in Version 3.3.3
Happy New Year!!
1. Improved experience for iPhone 7 Plus (now uses telephoto camera that is closer to the flash)
2. Bug fixes
App Update is Great
I had been using this app for several years on my iPhone 6 and it was excellent! I recently upgraded to an iPhone 7+ and iOS 10.2 -- the two camera lenses caused a problem with the measured signal quality. I sent an email to the support staff and they replied today that they had a updated version that accommodated the telephoto lens camera. That fixed the noisy signal.
Works great always accurate
Very accurate. I've checked it against my cuff always the same. Only thing I wish is that it would sync with iPad and my iPhone so it show readings in both places.
I have used this App to track my heart rate throughout the day for resting and active heart rates. It has been a motivator to exercise regularly, because I have seen my heart rate drop and my endurance score increase.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 04, 2017
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cardiio, Inc.
- © 2016 Cardiio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade!$6.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack$3.99
- Hypothetical Life Expectancy Pack$2.99
- Specific Heart Rate Pack$2.99
- Calorie-Burn Estimator$4.99
- Target Heart Rate Pack$3.99
- Coach Max$0.99
- Remove Promo Banner$1.99
- Coach Emma$0.99
- Coach Nadia$1.99