Cardiio: Heart Rate Monitor
By Cardiio, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cardiio helps you measure your pulse (heart rate) using your phone camera, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your iPhone or iPad in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training exercises that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Save, edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
HEALTH KIT INTEGRATION
• Save your heart rate measurements to the Apple Health app.
*Upgrade to PRO to enjoy the full features of the app!
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: email@example.com
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
Scared straight user
I really like this app. It’s a tool I can use as often as I want in a day to keep tabs on my heart rate. I downloaded the app one night when I felt my heart running away with itself. The reading and additional information and estimates scared me enough to make some needed changes in my life. That night I also downloaded two other apps that were not user friendly. My mother started using this app a few weeks before me and highly recommends it. She has CHF and is working hard to control it. Thank you for being my constant companion on my journey back to good health!
Accurate Heart Rate
This app is a Great heart rate monitor and reader it is accurate and does a number of different other functions- I'd recommend it for heart rate testing; it says not for medical but that's OK because you can always check your heart rate by touching the right side of your neck and counting the beats for 30 seconds and then you times that the number by two. Auto-written but correct ⬆️ 🙂
Excellent, glad it’s free
This app works like any other heart app, best feature is that it’s actually free (there are premium features, but pulse check and some other stuff is completely free and requires no account).
I used to have a competitor app until they decided to lock out free features, so I guess Cardiio gets my support now :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 02, 2017
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cardiio, Inc.
- © 2017 Cardiio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade!$9.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack$7.99
- Hypothetical Life Expectancy Pack$4.99
- Specific Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Calorie-Burn Estimator$4.99
- Target Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Remove Promo Banner$4.99
- Coach Max$0.99
- Coach Emma$0.99
- Coach Nadia$1.99