Cardiio - Heart Rate Monitor + 7 Minute Workout
By Cardiio, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cardiio helps you measure your pulse (heart rate) using your phone camera, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your iPhone or iPad in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training exercises that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Save, edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
What's New in Version 4.0
Welcome to a fresh new look of Cardiio! We hope you'll love it.
I can learn a lot about heart rate and also tap in to run keeper while running or walking this is a very good app
Cardiio is even better after the last update
It tells me what my pulse is when getting up to working out at the gym and thru out the day
Then there is the 7 minute work out that can get you going
I find Cordio very active it helps me to monitor my heart rate. I have been known to have low blood pressure as well as high blood pressure and it really keeps me aware of how the foods I eat and the exercise I do I fix my heart rate I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to keep track of their blood pressure
I use cardio to keep track of my heart rate at rest and for workouts. It's hard for me to get pulse rate up- and when I do, I want exercise within safe limits for my age. It is easy to use and love the program and its little factoids!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jul 19, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 40.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Cardiio, Inc.
- © 2017 Cardiio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Pro Upgrade!$9.99
- Pulse Waveform Pack$6.99
- Hypothetical Life Expectancy Pack$4.99
- Specific Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Calorie-Burn Estimator$4.99
- Target Heart Rate Pack$4.99
- Remove Promo Banner$4.99
- Coach Max$0.99
- Coach Emma$0.99
- Coach Nadia$1.99