- CardioMood application allows you to measure your Heart Rate Variability (HRV).
Our heart is controlled by autonomic nervous system, and heart rhythm reflects its state. By analyzing beat-to-beat variability (also known as HRV), we can estimate the ratio of activity of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
- Use CardioMood for stress estimation
Stress is often associated with higher heart rate and blood pressure as well as more regular rhythm (low variability). In contrast, a relaxed state is usually associated with high HRV.
If you're an athlete heart rate variability will allow to track your recovery, and changes in HRV will indicate development and adaptation of cardiovascular system to training. Use it to maximize the performance.
- CardioMood utilizes HealthKit for better user experience. You will be able to save the heart rate to your HeathKit store on every CardioMood session.
How to use the application:
1. Put on your heart rate sensor (Polar H7, Mio alpha etc.) and relax (take a sit or lie down).
2. Establish connection with your heart rate monitor.
3. Click "Start".
4. Measure from 2 to 5 minutes. You may measure for a longer period if you need.
5. After finishing the recording see your heart rate graph with average stress level.
Important: If you cannot connect to your heart rate sensor, make sure that it is not connected to another device at the moment.
Important: If you see a lot of artefacts or ectopic beats, try to adjust the sensor to ensure good connection and repeat the procedure.
Ratings and Reviews
Just setting it up
So the birth date module doesn’t work. When changing month, day or year it spins back to today’s date...
The height units are in sm which is not an existing measurement unit. I suppose it wanted to be cm.
It makes me question the reliability of the app?!?
Btw standup test shows no change during the test, but it’s visible on the graph after you save it.
Nice clean interface, but it’s detailed enough. It needs more data labels on both Y and X axis. Even when zoomed in it can only show that your heart rate is somewhere in between 50 and a 100. No details.
It is good
I use HRV elite ( free ) but I run this app simultaneously to compare the numbers. The stress test is perfect for a quick check. Their website unlike HRV elite website is free also. I recommend it at least stored on your device. It also senses your battery level on a Polar strap. It is also a heart monitor. You can put in your birthday but it makes me a newborn.
Excellent HRV app
The only HRV app I've seen offering the elusive stress index.
The website needs some help as I can't print reports, but the app is fantastic.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.