Cardsmith - Make, Print & Share Greetings Cards
By Ohanaware Co., Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Cardsmith is the easy way to make, print and share greetings cards from your home.
• 300+ Card templates; Holidays, Valentines, Birthdays, Weddings & more.
• 22 Categories included; All in one beautiful scrollable list.
• Easy to use interface; With built-in card organization and managing.
• 9th Generation printing engine; Faster, Better & with smarter margin handling.
• Built-in e-card support; Share cards via E-mail, Facebook, Twitter & Messages.
• Many types of cards; Square cards, Post Cards, Single Fold, Double Fold & Money Holders.
• Apple Photos support; Use the "Photos Browser" to choose from your "Photos" library.
• Designed for El Capitan; The very latest Apple OS, yet Cardsmith is compatible with Yosemite & Mavericks.
• Create your own cards; Add photos, shapes, text, captions, thought bubbles.
• Includes all our clipart; Use our clipart for FREE in your own cards.
• 12% larger card editor; Giving you much more breathing room whilst designing your cards.
• 18 Photo Effects; To enhance your photos within a card or to complete a style.
• Illustrated & Photo Cards; For when you don't want to use your own photos.
• Smarter organization; Autosave, Undo Restoration & Document History.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixed a bug where the card templates would be missing their icons if the application was moved.
• Fixed a bug when using CMYK colors.
• Fixed a bug with cut/copy/paste.
• Fixed a bug with Sharing via Messages on 10.11.2.
I cannot tell you how many cardmaking apps and programs I have tried to use over the years. All of them have been buggy, difficult to use, and impossible to print without several trial and error sessions. Enter Cardsmith! Within 2 minutes of opening this app after purchase, I was holding a precious card in my hand with a picture of my great-granddaughter that surpasses any store-bought card I have seen. There are tons of templates and ready to use clipart, you have access to your own pictures and clipart, and you can write anything you want though there are many clipart sayings. In short, it is an extremely flexible app. And hallelujah, the priinting process could not have been easier. What was supposed to be on the front, the back, and the inside two surfaces, was all correctly placed. I could not be happier. Rather than spending hours poring over expensive cards at the store or attempting (usually unsuccessfully) to make my own from scratch, I will now have a nearly unlimited resource for cards for all occasions.
It works well. Could be better
This application will create a nice looking card. However your options are limited.
In order to get a picture on the card from your photos, unless you use a templete that has the option to drag, you will first need to drag the photo to the desktop then select the filename from the dropdown box. They probably know this is a weakness and will fix it in future updates.
The ‘Caregories’ templetes to choose from isn’t bad, but I wanted one for ‘Anniversary and it didn’t exist.
In order to see what ‘clipart’ is available, you first need to click on the dropdown box or you will only see one category. There is a very limited number of clipart drawings to select from, but the ones they have are not bad.
When lining up your card, you need to be careful not to go outside the print margins. There is a warning icon, but in order to actually see what will not print, you must view the card and the window to view in is quite small.
You do have the abliity to zoom in on pictures, but no ability to crop so if part of the picture you want goes outside the frame when zooming, you can’t move the picture around in the frame to bring back what was lost.
This app was a little more money than the others I looked at, but it had the best reviews. I am hoping that future updates will address these issues and increase both Categories and Clipart to add value to the program.
Not very happy
I’ve been using Print Explosion Deluxe for years to make cards, and it doesn’t work anymore since the Sierra update. I took a chance on Cardsmith and am pretty disappointed. There is virtually no clip art, and not even the same categories as shown in the app store pictures. It presents a workspace that is bigger than what a printer will print. There is no way to center a text box or picture. There is no way to drag and drop pictures from the desktop into the app. From the other reviews on the site, it seems like I only got part of the app. The only real good thing is that it works. I just wish I could go back to Print Explosion. All in all, this was a waste of money and I’ll have to keep looking.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Dec 18, 2015
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 85.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ohanaware Co., LTD
- ©2015 Ohanaware Co., Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later