By Fiserv, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This application is powered by Fiserv, Inc. but is activated through specific financial institutions. Check with your financial institution to ensure they participate in CardValet prior to downloading.
CardValet® lets you take control of your debit and credit cards by giving you the ability to define when, where and how your cards are used. Simply download the CardValet app to your smartphone, then customize your usage settings and alert preferences to manage your cards.
CardValet can manage and track specific types of debit and credit card transactions – or quickly detect unauthorized or fraudulent activity. You can customize your experience by choosing from a variety of options.
Card On/Off Setting
• When the card is “on,” transactions are allowed in accordance with your usage control settings.
• When the card is “off,” no purchases or withdrawals are approved until the card is subsequently turned back “on.” This control can be used to control spending, disable a lost or stolen card, or prevent fraudulent activity in the case of a data breach.
• Spending limits can be established to allow transactions up to a certain dollar value and decline transactions when amounts exceed your defined thresholds.
• Transactions can be controlled and monitored for specific merchant categories such as gas stations, department stores, restaurants entertainment, travel, and groceries.
• The My Location control can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of your location (using your phone’s GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined.
• The My Region control uses city, state, country or zip code on an expandable interactive map; transactions requested by merchants outside of a specific region can be declined.
Alerts can be set up to keep you informed of specific types of debit and credit card transactions. CardValet can send an alert when a card is used or when a card transaction has been attempted but is declined – and additional customizable alert options are available. The alert is sent in real time, immediately after the transaction has taken place or has been declined.
CardValet also lets you to conduct card-related mobile transactions wherever you are, any time of the day. Supported transactions include:
• Real-time balance inquiries
• Locating ATMs
• You can actively manage your money and take charge of your card usage
• Parents can remotely control and monitor their children’s spending
• Businesses can ensure spending policy compliance
• All cardholders can monitor transactions to protect their accounts
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.0.36
Minor bug fixes addressed in version 3.0.36.
Not worth the effort
This is an extremely poorly written app. Doesn't have an option to save login information or stay logged in. You have to enter your password each time you use the app. No option for Touch ID login. No option for a shorter PIN. Doesn't support paste of your password from a password manager like 1Password or lastpass. If you have a secure 20 character password, and you should, this app is extremely painful to use. This app makes you actually type in a complex password for every use. After a couple of days having to type in a difficult 20 character password, this app became not worth using. Don't waste your time until they fix the ease of use, especially ease of login and it should support Touch ID.
I am very grateful for this app! Without it I would have never seen the fraudulent pending charge. Someone in another state had my card and was testing it with a $0.00 charge. Because of the app, I was able to call and cancel the card before any money was taken. Only downfall is that when you get a new iPhone the app isn't active and won't give notifications until you sign in.
I have used for a week and love it. I saw that a charge was declined from my Dr due to old expiration date on card. I immediately called to update them to my new expire date and they could not figure out how I knew about the decline so fast. A great way to monitor your cards!!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Dec 14, 2016
- Version: 3.0.36
- Size: 29.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fiserv, Inc
- © 2015 Fiserv, Inc. or its affiliates and licensors.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.