Care of Muslim Patients –- A Practical Guide
By Elsevier (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perfect for use as a point-of-care reference, this app is a concise yet comprehensive resource for busy healthcare professionals. With a strong focus on the dos and don’ts of treating Muslim patients, it provides the medical profession with the information needed to appreciate the concerns of this community and thus improve the delivery of healthcare.
Developed in collaboration with the Federation of Islamic Medical Associations (FIMA), this app also provides valuable insights into how Muslims view the process of illness and healing, with reference to medical literatures and the Quran.
Download of this app includes four free chapters – The Concept of Illness in Islam, General Consultation, Permitted and Forbidden Food and Abortion. You can choose to buy the complete app for $9.99.
• 26 chapters divided according to five main categories:
o Islam and Health Care
o Etiquette in Treating Muslim Patients
o Medical and Cultural Issues
o Permitted and Forbidden
o Medical Dilemmas
• Facts in each chapter are categorized according to Understand, Dos, Don’ts, Caution and Case Study/FAQ for easy reading and reference.
• Top Queries featuring seven patient-centric categories:
o Female Muslim patients
o Elderly Muslim patients
o Muslim patients with asthma
o Muslim patients with diabetes
o Muslim patients with cardiac conditions
o Prescribing for Muslim patients
o Muslim inpatients
• Relevant images and videos for better understanding.
• Bookmark relevant topics and sections for quick reference.
• Make and save notes.
• Perform keyword search.
• Minimize and maximize font size.
• Available for iPhone® and iPadTM
Elsevier (Singapore) website
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Updated the app for iOS 6.0.
Care of the Muslim patient
This app is horrible. It tells not to torture or abuse your patient. It also stresses to listen and not refuse treatment. It is as if these etiquettes apply to your Muslim patients and no one else. It is as if we have to show respect to people of the Muslim faith only. Please disregard this app.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 24, 2012
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 52.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ELSEVIER (SINGAPORE) Pte Ltd
- © 2013 Elsevier (Singapore) Pte Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Care of Muslim Patients$9.99