Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“My child has flu symptoms, and I don’t know what to do.” “Should I call the doctor about my sore throat that’s lasted for three days?” Health issues like these can arise anytime – evenings, weekends, when you’re traveling or when your doctor’s office is closed. SymptomChecker was designed especially for these times. The care guides help you make appropriate decisions about the level of care (if any) you need and how to provide symptom relief for minor illnesses and injuries you can manage on your own. SymptomChecker is based on the clinical protocols used by physicians and nurses in 10,000 practices and 400 nurse advice lines in the US and Canada. These rules have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
Use easy 3-step navigation:
1. Choose the most appropriate symptom care guide.
2. Find the recommended action on the symptom decision chart.
3. Follow the self-care advice to manage minor illnesses and injuries at home.
Quickly locate the care guide that best matches your symptom by using age and gender filters, alphabetical index, body area index or keyword search.
Each symptom care guide contains:
* Description of the guide, which enables you to decide if it’s a good fit for your problem. If not, there are quick links to related care guides.
* Decision Chart that helps determine a suggested action, based on the severity and description of your symptom. Once you have a match, simply follow the corresponding action, such as Call 911, Call Your Doctor Now, Call Your Doctor within 24 hours or Manage at Home.
* Immediate Connections to 911, your doctor, your child’s doctor or nearby Emergency Department, if you have phone service.
* Home Care Advice for any illnesses and injuries that can be managed at home. The instructions provide clear, up-to-date steps for relieving symptoms.
Disclaimer: The information provided with this Application is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment; it is for informational purposes only. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Before using SymptomChecker, all users should read and agree with the full Disclaimer available in the application.
About CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
The mission of CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is to provide health benefit services of value to customers across the region comprised of Maryland and the National Capital Area. To fulfill this mission, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield commits to:
*Offer a broad array of quality, innovative insurance plans and administrative services that are affordable and accessible to our customers.
*Fairly address the needs of customers in each of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
*Conduct business responsibly as a non-profit health service plan, to ensure the plan’s long-term financial viability and growth.
*Collaborate with the community to advance health care effectiveness and quality.
*Support public and private efforts to meet needs of persons lacking health insurance.
*Foster health systems integration and health care cost containment to benefit the people in areas we serve.
*Promote respect, fairness and opportunity for our associates.
Serving Maryland, the District of Columbia and portions of Virginia. CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is the shared business name of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. and Group Hospitalization and Medical Services, Inc. CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc., an affiliate company, also offers health benefit products and services on this site.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield and CareFirst BlueChoice, Inc. are independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
® Registered trademark of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ®' Registered trademark of CareFirst of Maryland, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.52
Replaced icon for app store