Carmel - Car, Taxi & Limo
By Avik Kabessa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With more features than any other transportation app in the world and without breaking any law, book a car, taxi, or limo in 3 easy taps.
When your travel is too important to leave to chance, choose the Carmel Global Travel Solution!
• Book a car On-Demand, your car is around the corner.
• Reserve a car for later like no other app on the market.
• Quick access airport buttons displaying the three airports closest to you
• As the Airport Specialist - access best priced airport travel all over the world.
• Receive a binding quotation prior to your ride taking place.
• Comes with $66 Free Car Cash to use immediately.
• Earn Airline Miles for each ride.
• Easily post your trip to your smart phone calendar.
• Watch your car as it approaches.
• Receive information about the driver, the vehicle, and the regulatory body it is licensed by in each city we service.
• Use your credit card or your business account with Carmel to pay for your ride.
• Select "Auto-Charge" and we will never ask you for your credit card information again.
• Select if and how much you want to tip the driver.
• Want to pay for the ride now and tip only after service was rendered - no problem
• Automatically store your favorite addresses for easy future bookings.
• Automatically store your favorite trips for even easier future bookings.
• View a comprehensive list of your past rides as well as your future reservations
• Provide an In Case of Emergency (ICE) number and be informed of all apps activity by your loved one.
• Ask and receive a special discount in any city we service even if we are not currently promoting it.
• Share the word about Carmel and earn money.
• Watch tutorial videos on how to use the app - divided according to topics for easy watching
The Carmel App gives you access to the best fleet of affiliated vehicles anywhere in the world at unbeatable prices.
Need a ride? Just Carmel it! We'll be there for you.
The Carmel App - Don't leave home without it!
What's New in Version 1.10
• Continue As a Guest
• Get Messages from Carmel
• Introduced Pay for the Ride
• Ability to remove Credit Card Details
• Ability to remove Rewards
• Enhanced edit features for Favorites
• Redefined user Interface
• Few bug fixes and enhancements
App Needs Work
I have used Carmel service for years booking online ahead of time but lately I have been traveling a lot with work and decided to use the app and charging the rides directly to my corporate credit card. Other phone apps like Uber or Lyft put this app to shame. Designating an airport pickup or drop off is not straight forward!!!
If you choose to charge the credit card on file for the whole ride it automatically adds a 20% tip to the ride. My company does not pay for car service tips greater than 15%. I have tried to contact Carmel to change the default tip but after missing a call Sharell(sp?) at Carmel I have been unable to get them to call back or find anyone on their phone tree that doesn't hang up on me or send me back to the phone tree.
Also, you are unable to use the printed discount coupons after booking a ride through the app. The drivers wouldn't accept the coupon and I haven't been able to get ahold of anyone there who can answer my question regarding honoring the coupons.
In summary: poorly designed and executed app coming from a poorly run company. No big surprise I guess
Worst experience ever!
I booked my pick up 2 weeks in advance on line. My flight landed at 3:15 pm.I followed specific instructions to call when I got my bag, which came immediately. I gave a detailed description of what I was wearing. I was told to go to Passenger pickup outside Terminal C, which I did. Then I got a text from Carmel, telling me to go the the last entrance at US Airways and wait outside, which I did, and to look for car 213. I received a call from the driver, which was hard to understand because of his accent and surrounding traffic noise. He asked where I was, and I told the exact location. He kept asking me where I was and told me he was inside the terminal. I called Carmel again to complain, and they told me to wait for the driver in another location, which I did. The same thing happened again, with the driver calling to ask where I was, etc., etc. I called Carmel again to ask for a different driver and got into an argument with the operator. This entire experience will force me to tell everyone I know not to use Carmel. I found a taxi cab at 4:30.
So far app works for me...
It's been interesting reading the reviews. Seems to be two types of reviews. One for the car service and the other for the app.
As for me, I've been using the car service for about 5 or 6 years now. No real complaints. Sometimes my driver does not speak English well but they have shown up on time.
As far as the application goes I just started using this pass week. So far so good. Works as advertised. Used in NYC the other day to get a car to pick us up on Broadway. I like the fact that I can track the location of the car and the number of the car (and driver name).