Carmel - Car, Taxi & Limo
By Avik Kabessa
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With more features than any other transportation app in the world and without breaking any law, book a car, taxi, or limo in 3 easy taps.
When your travel is too important to leave to chance, choose the Carmel Global Travel Solution!
• Book a car On-Demand, your car is around the corner.
• Reserve a car for later like no other app on the market.
• Quick access airport buttons displaying the three airports closest to you
• As the Airport Specialist - access best priced airport travel all over the world.
• Receive a binding quotation prior to your ride taking place.
• Comes with $6 X $6 Free Car Cash to use immediately.
• Earn Airline Miles for each ride.
• Easily post your trip to your smart phone calendar.
• Watch your car as it approaches.
• Receive information about the driver, the vehicle, and the regulatory body it is licensed by in each city we service.
• Use your credit card or your business account with Carmel to pay for your ride.
• Select "Auto-Charge" and we will never ask you for your credit card information again.
• Select if and how much you want to tip the driver.
• Want to pay for the ride now and tip only after service was rendered - no problem
• Automatically store your favorite addresses for easy future bookings.
• Automatically store your favorite trips for even easier future bookings.
• View a comprehensive list of your past rides as well as your future reservations
• Provide an In Case of Emergency (ICE) number and be informed of all apps activity by your loved one.
• Ask and receive a special discount in any city we service even if we are not currently promoting it.
• Share the word about Carmel and earn money.
• Watch tutorial videos on how to use the app - divided according to topics for easy watching
The Carmel App gives you access to the best fleet of affiliated vehicles anywhere in the world at unbeatable prices.
Need a ride? Just Carmel it! We'll be there for you.
The Carmel App - Don't leave home without it!
What's New in Version 1.13
Improved UI of booking screens
Auto populate city names in airport pick-up box.
Improved Date & Time selection
Integrating cancellation policy into cancelation process.
Updated Google places APIs for search
Added Car Cash info screen
User friendly server and internet validations
Other minor fixes
Pick up at airport a nightmare, not once but twice.
Thought I'd give it another chance. Twice I ordered a car early to pick me up at airport..... they never have the car ready. This time I ordered an SUV, the dispatched said they didn't have one.... after complaining he booked a Suv twice. This was one of those days where the rain was coming down like cats and dogs and was freezing outside. I stood outside with high winds. I called the SUV, he said they double booked and hung up after waiting for a while. Thank god I called back to the dispatcher... he said that that was exactly what happened. Now he didn't have an SUV to give me. Sent me a van that took another 10-15 mins. Finally, I got a diver. They credited the difference, but this is the second time something like this happened. They are a great service to pick you up from home, but skip the airport.... standing outside for 40 minutes in freezing rain after ordering a car in advance is not acceptable.
Great last minute experience
This was my first time using Carmel and I was thrilled with the experience. Our driver drove safely, was not speeding around like so many car service drivers do, was polite and kind, and the car was comfortable. We were supposed to use an Uber and as we disembarked the plane at JFK, they doubled the price through a price surge. I was at the carousel and saw the ad for Carmel, downloaded the app, and had a great experience at half the Uber price. You just got a new customer. Please let the driver - Mr. Singh - know that we were so pleased with his service.
Horrible app, horrible service.
I have used Carmel several times for trips to the airport. The drivers never help me with my bags and they watch as I load the bags into the trunk of the car. They are always texting or using their phone while driving. Most of the drivers do not even speak English. And then they demand a cash tip and are very rude when you try to put the tip through this app. Not to mention, they have EZPass on all their cars for the tolls. The bridge toll for EZPass users is just over $5. But they demand $8 for the toll which is the cash price. They are nothing but a rip off. Stay away.
Their customer service is awful. They overcharge me for a trip and would not even refund my money. Now I have to get the credit card company involved.