The Gallery Guide app connects you with the Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History's objects in unique, dynamic and fun ways. Whether you're in the galleries or at home, you can learn more about the museum's collection and get a behind-the-scenes view of artwork and exhibitions. Using the Gallery Guide app you can:
- View exclusive audio and video interviews with curators and persons of interest
- Access in-depth information about people, exhibitions and objects on view
- Wind your way through exhibitions in new and interesting ways via thematic tours
- Watch Musuem Videos, an in-app video channel that showcases behind-the-scenes process and museum documentaries
- Connect and share objects from the collection with your online friends and social networks
* Checks for new content more frequently
Ratings and Reviews
A good start...
This free app is a good start, but unfortunately does not include enough of the collection (including temporary exhibits) to make it very useful for very long. It would be wonderful to have the entire searchable collection included on the app as it is on the museum's website so one could locate specific works of art while walking through the museum.
The app is very limited in what it provides. When I clicked on the videos my iPad crashed and rebooted. Also, there is no way I could easily find to go full screen on a work of art. Needs a lot of work...
- The Carnegie Institute
- 12.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.