By Mobelux, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Carousel is a simple, beautiful way to explore Instagram on your desktop in a minimal footprint. View your feed, popular photos, your photos, comment, like, save photos and much, much more. We've also implemented a full set of keyboard commands to make operation flawless and four wonderful themes to personalize Carousel to your liking.
Please note: you must have an Instagram account in order to use Carousel! To sign up for Instagram, download their free app for iPhone or Android and make an account. Use your new account credentials in Carousel to log in.
• Beautiful, vintage presentation aesthetic in a minimal desktop footprint.
• View your feed, popular photos and photos you’ve posted.
• Save photos to your Mac (drag & drop, too.)
• Search for people and tags.
• Pin your favorite tags, locations and people to the search tab so you can keep an eye on them.
• See all the photos that you've liked.
• Multiple windows. Keep windows open for all the views you want to watch.
• Single photo view. See all the comments and likes in one view underneath a photo.
• View full resolution photos, even in full screen.
• See likes and comments on photos with the ability to moderate comments.
• Like and comment on photos.
• Full keyboard navigation support.
• Open photos in your browser and copy a photo’s URL.
• See who you follow and who’s following you.
• See photos taken at a location.
• Notifications. Growl and icon badge.
• Four themes. Everything from Tenenbaum to St. Clair.
Want to learn more about Carousel? Visit carousel.mobelux.com
What's New in Version 1.5
• Video post support!
• New localization: Chinese!
• Bug fixes
Great App but small fixable problem need to be solved!
I love this app, but the fact that the captions underneath the picture do not show up are an annoyance. You have to click on the commnets to see what text was attached to the photo. IF this can happen, the app would surely be 5 stars.
I really love Carousel. It's great to see my instagram on my desktop BUT it never will quit properly. I always have to force quit. Small annoyance but seems like it shouldn't be such an issue.
Good but has a couple problems
You should be able to see the caption of the photo underneath at all times instead of having to go into the comments to see it. There also needs to be a reply button to comments or there needs to be autofill for @usernames as you type them becasue it is almost impossible to reply unless you want to type in their exact @username. Fix these things and I think you'll have a five star app here.