Carousel by Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that's the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
What's New in Version 1.13.1
We have some solid new features in this release. Thanks for all your feedback!
- Carousel now automatically adjusts its size based on your available space.
- Carousel now allows you to set up a passcode lock. If you use a passcode in the Dropbox app, Carousel will use the same pin.
Great Tool for Organizing and Sharing
This has been an awesome app for sharing photos from a family trip so everybody gets all the photos taken on the trip as soon as they are uploaded. I also love the ease with which the app enables me to organize my photos in albums. It is very user friendly and allows me to free up space on my phone and iPad knowing the pics are always accessible through carousel.
Lots to love, a few annoyances.
This is by far the best photo management system I've used to date. However, it's confusing to share albums vs. sharing groups of photos (why does the interface look different on the receiving end?) and any granular file management really has to be done from the web interface. However -- it's excellent and even my very technologically challenged in-laws are seeing tons of baby pics as I post them.
No brainer of you use Dropbox
I've been using Dropbox for years and this addition to view photos via timeline view in carousel is great and the option to automatically delete photos from your device if already backed up to Dropbox is massive time saver so you don't have to manually select each and every file on your iOS device
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 1.13.1
- Size: 41.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2014 Dropbox, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro – 1 Year$99.99