Carousel by Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that's the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
What's New in Version 1.13
We have some solid new features in this release. Thanks for all your feedback!
• Carousel now automatically adjusts its size based on your available space.
• Carousel now allows you to set up a passcode lock. If you use a passcode in the Dropbox app, Carousel will use the same pin.
Still missing dates on too many pictures
I love the addition of he passcode lock.
I still have two problems with the app:
- too many pictures not shot with my iPhone's are missing dates and that makes all the UI/UX effort pointless if all the pictures I want to see are all the way to the top of the collection view
Solution: if dates are missing in the metadata, offer power users the possibility to put these photos under the date they were added. If photos are not from me but from the web, same thing. In the end, a photo I find on the web might have been shot in 2005 but if I downloaded yet yesterday, it really means something to me as part of "yesterday". Does that make sense? My experience with that picture was not part of 2005 for me...
- second problem: after I add a photo or a couple of photos to an album, it just takes too many steps to go back to the timeline... That's just bad UX work plain and simple so a product manager who didn't let designers do their job should get fired.
Third problem: like millions I take pictures using the stock iOS camera app and sometimes use filters but the "filtered" photos don't show up in Carousel.
Love the navigation system that makes this app overall awesome
Okay so I only have a 16gb iPhone and I go to a lot of concerts so my storage fills up very very quickly!!!! Throughout the past five months I haven't been able to do much of anything on my phone bc I had such little storage so I did a little research and asked around my friends and everyone said to get Dropbox and carousel and I LOVE IT SOOOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH! I have all my pictures and videos and everything saved on carousel and once it was backed up I deleted it all from my phone and wow I now have almost 8gb of unused storage on my phone and I'm now ready to go to more concerts and take way more videos!!! Overall this app is a game changer and I'll probably be using it for a long time!!(:
I'm in love with Carousel!!
Everything I want and need in a photo saving app!!! I don't have to worry anymore about my phone storage being full b/c of ALL the pix I love!! I'm definitely a photo junkie and if you are as well, then you really NEED THIS APP!!! Thank you to all who have been working on this app...your hard work makes my life easier and I so appreciate it!! Xoxoxo
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 14, 2015
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 41.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2014 Dropbox, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro – 1 Year$99.99