Carousel by Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that's the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
What's New in Version 1.11
You can now like photos within a conversation. Just tap a photo to view it in full screen, then tap the heart in the bottom left corner to send your love.
This Amazing App Could Be Better
The thing I love about this app is that it can free up space on my phone by backing up my content in it's system. It seems to be determined to take the place of the original photo gallery. If that's the case, I have some ideas (which you're probably working on) to make this better. The main reason I won't let it become my primary photo gallery and delete the backed up photos from the original is because it has no options to do edits, even simples ones such as cropping. I had deleted a picture I just snapped from the app because it wasn't edited. I edit it, but the app doesn't find it and I can't add it into carousel! I add it into Dropbox but still doesn't show up in carousel. Also, like the app having .GIF support just makes sense as I can see any .GIFs in my Dropbox fully animated. The editing options and .GIF support are my only complaints. Everything else about the app is awesome. An option to add in the date of photos and place them in appropriate places on the timeline could be another idea. Maybe folders inside of folders? Keep up the amazing work guys. I'll continue using this app and spread the word.
Crashes too Much!!
I really want to like this app since Dropbox transitioned the photo portion of their storage to this, but the app crashes too much and takes too long to load the photos when you scroll. You get stuck waiting then CRASH, and you get back on the app and it's right back to today and scrolling to find the pictures you were just looking for! For someone like me, with TEN YEARS of pictures on Dropbox (my husband and I have used the service since they were a startup), this can be very tedious.
Please Dropbox, as a loyal user of your services and someone who has purchasing power at the executive level, please improve this app!! We use it for our safety incidents at work and my organization adopted the technology only after I spearheaded and implemented it. Please don't make me look bad by releasing a glitchy product or my fight with IT on using Box will end quickly and not end well for either of us!!
The best app on the iOS market
This app has single-handedly made my life better. My daughter passed away eight months ago and I thought I had lost tons of pictures when my phone crashed and I could not recover my photos. We were heartbroken until I remembered Carousel. I downloaded Carousel on my new phone and restored all of the pictures from the last three years of her life. Dropbox is wonderful but being able to see a timeline of life is invaluable. Thank you to the developers and all of the behind the scenes people that make this possible.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2014 Dropbox, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro – 1 Year$99.99