Carousel by Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that's the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
What's New in Version 1.12
We have some solid new features in this release. Thanks for all the feedback!
• Flashback is easier to access — you can get to your memories with just one tap.
• Batch export is here! Just select as many photos as you'd like and you can export them to your camera roll in one go.
• A new 1Password extension lets you access your 1Password items during login.
• You can now create shared albums. Anyone with the link to a shared album will be able to comment on the album, like photos, and contribute their own shots.
Just what I needed
I already loved my Dropbox and when they offered 1TB for ten bucks a month I loved it even more. Now Carousel makes Dropbox even more valuable. I can easily back up my photos with Carousel, without having to manually download them to my Mac. I can also easily share the family photo album with my wife via her Dropbox account. We even share our camera uploads folders with each other, all automatically displayed in Carousel. And I love the Flashback feature too. This app is just what I needed!
Worked at first then it didn't.
So when I first got this app I was hoping it would hold all my pictures without a problem. It synced all my photos and videos and I even tested to see if when I deleted a picture they stayed in there and they did. Well I just got on my Carousel and it will only let me go as far back as the last couple days of June when I had pictures as far as January. I had deleted all my pictures out of my camera roll by then. Luckily my iPhone is up to date and I have the recently deleted folder. I had to recover everything and try to do the free up space thing. It said there was no space to free up. Thank god for iOS 8 because without it I'd have lost all my photos.
Brings down my whole home broadband network
After extensive testing today with the help of cable technician, I found out that when I'm syncing video and photos on my iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.3, this app bring down my whole network at home. It's doing something that hogs all the network resources that makes the cable router non functional. No other app or device does this. Here has to be better limits on how the app functions when it's uploading stuff. Until then, I'm uninstalling this all and putting video/photo upload on hold. Interestingly, my work's network running enterprise gears can handle the uploads just fine. Very weird but annoying issue.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 05, 2015
- Version: 1.12
- Size: 39.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2014 Dropbox, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro – 1 Year$99.99