Carousel by Dropbox
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that's the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don't have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel's Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
What's New in Version 1.11
You can now like photos within a conversation. Just tap a photo to view it in full screen, then tap the heart in the bottom left corner to send your love.
This Amazing App Could Be Better
The thing I love about this app is that it can free up space on my phone by backing up my content in it's system. It seems to be determined to take the place of the original photo gallery. If that's the case, I have some ideas (which you're probably working on) to make this better. The main reason I won't let it become my primary photo gallery and delete the backed up photos from the original is because it has no options to do edits, even simples ones such as cropping. I had deleted a picture I just snapped from the app because it wasn't edited. I edit it, but the app doesn't find it and I can't add it into carousel! I add it into Dropbox but still doesn't show up in carousel. Also, like the app having .GIF support just makes sense as I can see any .GIFs in my Dropbox fully animated. The editing options and .GIF support are my only complaints. Everything else about the app is awesome. An option to add in the date of photos and place them in appropriate places on the timeline could be another idea. Maybe folders inside of folders? Keep up the amazing work guys. I'll continue using this app and spread the word.
Space & Photo Saver!
I always take so many pictures and get frustrated that my iPhone can't get more memory without purchasing a new device. I purchased 1TB of Dropbox storage so Carousel was a free feature. This app makes saving photos so easy, and will even help delete all of your photos after they've been loaded onto the cloud. I feel safe that all of my photos are safely stored in Carousel and I have enough memory for necessary updates! Thank you!
This better improve
This app doesn't even make sense. It never really sees what photos I have to download and never has actually downloaded them, even though I have left it for over an hour before. Several times. I am lucky if the free up space doesn't crash the app AFTER loading for an hour. And then it decides when to "free up space". Aka nothing. It does nothing. Not even put them into the recently deleted category. Some people have said theirs works, so I figure this is a glitch or issue. I know it is in the works. But if they cant fix it in reasonable time there is no point to this product.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 1.11
- Size: 38.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Dropbox, Inc.
- © 2014 Dropbox, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro 100$99.99