Carpenter Pro - Optimal cutlist diagrams and stock sheets calculator with grain direction and kerf
By Yousef Mannaa
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**** Demo Video here: http://goo.gl/x35zo ****
Calculate how many plywood sheets you need to finish your project and get detailed cutlist diagram for each stock sheet needed. Specify the dimensions & grain direction for your stock sheets material, specify the dimensions and the required grain direction for each part you need to cut for your project, and set the kerf amount, then watch this app generate detailed cutlist diagrams for each stock sheet needed to to finish the job, with grain direction indicated on each output diagram. You can even zoom in the cutlist diagram to see cutting details down to the kerf tolerance on your iOS device screen.
You can export the project cutlist by emailing it as a pdf file attachment, or send it directly to your printer via Air Print, all from the convenience of your iPhone/iPad device. You can even generate 2x1 barcode size colored stickers for all parts in your cutlist (requires In-App Purchase)
**New** Take a photo of your stock sheet and overlay it onto the cutlist diagrams. (requires In-App Purchase)
- High quality detailed cutlist graphs, with ability to zoom in and out directly on the screen.
- Calculation of total number of stock sheets required to cut all parts.
- Specification of grain direction (Horizantal or Vertical) & dimensions for stock sheet material.
- Specification of dimensions and desired grain direction (Horizantal, Vertical, or "Don't Care") for each part. The "Don't Care" option allows the algorithm to place your part in any direction it sees fit to minimize scrap.
- Aesthetically-pleasing random color generation for each part on the diagram and during entry so you can identify each part easily (or you can specify your own colors).
- Detailed Cut Report generation showing: number of stock sheets needed, parts fitted, parts rejected, scrap % and kerf for the whole project.
- Save/Edit/Delete each cut list as a separate project in "My Projects" with project name, stock dimensions, kerf, and all parts info list.
- FAST State-of-the-art algorithm for quick diagram generation calculations.
- Size & Name annotation for each part on the diagram with font size proportional to the part's size.
- Name each part in the list.
- Cache past projects diagram images for quick viewing/browsing later without regeneration.
- Print/Email the project cutlist as a pdf attachment with detailed cutting report, or send it to your printer via Air Print.
- Print/Email "Part Stickers & Labels" (In-App Purchase): Professionally mark your cut parts with 2x1 barcode size label stickers showing the part name, part dimensions, and grain direction.
- Kerf specification (Width of the saw blade).
- Change/Edit any cut parameter, and see how the cutting diagrams automatically change on the fly so you can experiment with different layouts before you make your cut.
- Easy navigation user interface.
- Handles both metric and imperial units using the decimal point.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Added "Photo My Stock" feature: Using your iOS device camera, take a photo of your stock material and overlay it directly onto the cutlist diagrams instead of the standard plywood image. Help identify different stock appearance per project (In App Purchase feature)
By far, The Best Cutlist App in the App Store
I tried several optimization apps offered in the app store, some even much more expensive than this one, but this app the only one that did what it said it will do without bugs or crashes. It also packs plenty of features in it. I love the grain display on the cutlist diagram, and more importantly how easy the developer has made it to lock the part rotation by choosing the grain right on the part.
Overall, simplicity and the ability to run it on the iPad are the greatest pluses for this app. It would be nice to be able to enter fractional dimensions, but it isn't such a big deal if you can quickly convert them to decimals.
I also would like to see ability to import part data from an excel sheet, although I'm no sure how if it can be done on iPads.
I've used this app for a few projects now, and I must say that it has saved me a lot of time. Ok, it may lack the layout expertise of a master cabinetmaker, but for the types of projects that your average beginner to intermediate (like me) does it can save a lot of time and money. The the price is much less than the cost of a wasted sheet of material. For the future I'd like to see the capability to input other shapes, such as trapezoids or parallelograms in order to possibly minimize waste from laying out these shapes as rectangles.
Excellent, and worth every penny
I have been looking for an app with this functionality for some time, and bought this one the minute I came across it. The interface is simple and elegant, and it works perfectly. The ability to enter fractions instead of decimals would be a nice feature addition, but not a big deal given how well this app does its job.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yousef Mannaa
- © 2011-2012 Yousef Mannaa
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Part Stickers & Labels$9.99
- Photo My Stock$5.99