CARRIER BATTLES 4 GUADALCANAL is a classic hex-and-counter wargame covering the naval-air battles in the South Pacific in 1942-43
Find the Japanese and strike at them before they sink your precious carriers and prevent them from invading key points in New Guinea and in the Solomon Islands
- Solitaire play again powerful Japanese AI
- 6 historical scenarios : Coral Sea May 42, Midway June 42, Eastern Solomon Aug 42, Santa Cruz Oct 42, Guadalcanal Dec 42, Bismarck sea March 43
- Hex map with a scale of 30 miles per hex
- 40 types of warplanes, historical ships
- Naval-air search, radar, progressive intelligence gathering on enemy naval forces
- Air strikes against naval and land targets, surface battles
- Advanced damage system
- Invasion, naval bombardment
- Turn-based system
- A nice on-boarding sequence will guide the player to the depth of the game
- Available in English and in French
- No internet connection required to play against the AI
- 2-players game over internet, turn by turn
- A 7th scenario covering the landing at Bougainville and airstrikes against Rabaul in November 1943
- A 8th scenario covering the evacuation of Guadalcanal by Japanese troops in Jan/Feb 1943
- A 9th scenario covering the US invasion of Guadalcanal in August 1942
- A 10th scenario covering the US carrier raids against Japanese positions in Feb/Mar 1942
- What-ifs for the scenarios in order to test the effects of some likely events. Ex: what would happen if the Japanese had committed their whole carrier forces to invade Port Moresby, what-if the Saratoga was repaired on time for the battle of Midway, etc...
The duration of a game is about 1-3 hours
Contact and support : email@example.com
Forum : http://cbfg.xooit.org/index.php
Review by Pocket Tactics
" Overall Carrier Battles 4 Guadalcanal is a solid WW2 naval wargame built around a great interface. It’s a realistic simulation that is accessible and fun, retaining depth while not letting the player get bogged down in menus or decisions. Fundamentally Carrier Battles succeeds because it takes the juicy technical attributes of naval games and mates it with a cracking user interface "
Some videos done by fans
iPhone XR support
Ratings and Reviews
What is amazing about this game
This game is constantly evolving new features and new scenarios are being released on a regular basis. Bugs when the occur are fixed almost as soon as they are reported. This is a superb WWII Naval battle game. The evolving nature means that the game continues to require a evolving approach to how to win. I feel that this game and its upgrades I have purchased are the best money I have spent on a game for my iPad. I now play on a iPad Pro 12.5. The greater screen size has improved my enjoyment of this outstanding game. I have placed 5 stars only because that is them most ap stope allows personally my rating would be 10 stars. Today was another great example of what great support this game has, last fix broke a screen, instead of waiting weeks for a fix as most apps take for a fix in less then 24 hours a update was out fixing the bug. A great app made better with great support. 5 stars for game and 5bstars for support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for you nice comments, this is very encouraging !
Do not hesitate to propose new ideas via the app or the forum
Kickstarter project to improve the app launched !
Ohhh Myyyyy Goshhh❣️
Update: Funny. It’s always been that when I went back to the App Store to remind myself what the app’s cost was, it would just display the download icon. This time it showed the price till ‘today’, when I was following your advice, it now shows the download icon. Go figure. I’ve loaded Carrier Battles on my 6S, thank you very much.
Carrier Battles has become my ‘comfort food’ of computer gaming!
When I go to the Apple App Store on my iPhone it says $5.99, not Purchased. When I searched my purchased apps Carrier Battles isn’t listed.
I love this game but I’m not buying it a second time just to play it on my iPhone. Minus one star.
It’d been a while since I’d actively searched for a military strategy game and I just searched on Slitherine, saw this and instantly purchased it❣️ And I never do that, unless it’s a really sick looking new synth app❣️ LOL This is the Military computer gaming world I’m from. Carrier’s At War! Ohh the memories it’s bringing back just ‘looking’ at it! Will start with 5-stars and go from there.
NOW I’m reading the reviews. lol And they look decent. Time to play. Be back...
(Oh, and Thank You, Thank You, Thank You❣️🤓)
Developer Response ,
Thank you !
If you want to make this app even better, a Kickstarter project has been launched, come and check it out !
This is just like the game Flat Top, I use to play when I was younger. I am waiting for the 2v2 player version. Keep up the awesome job with this game.
Dec 7, 2018
There seems to be some confusion, the website said we had until 5:30pm, Dec 7 to make our purchase. Guess it was wrong 😂... Anyways, I am sure the updates will be fun, but I will look for another game to replace this one, hopefully their information more accurate, then I will delete this game. Have fun all, I did....
Developer Response ,
5:30 pm CET which match the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor
If you miss the Kickstarter, then you will still be able to get the update when released for the public. Should also possible to catch up as the pre-sales process may go on a bit after the KS
- cyril jarnot
- 89.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 - Cyril Jarnot
- In-App Purchases
- The End of Rabaul $0.99
- Alternatives Free
- Revange Raids $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.