Inspired by the hit Disney•Pixar animated film, Cars 2: The Video Game lets players jump into the Cars 2 universe with some of their favorite Cars personalities in exotic locations around the globe. Continuing the storyline from the hit film, players can choose to play as Mater and Lightning McQueen, as well as some brand new characters, as they train in the international training center - CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage) to become world-class spies. They’ll take on dangerous missions, compete to become the fastest racecar in the world, or use their spy skills in exciting, action-packed combat racing and battle arenas. Players can race against friends and family in either single or multiplayer modes with up to four players to unlock challenging new tracks, characters, events and thrilling spy missions.
* Cars 2: The Video Game introduces the international training center - CHROME (Command Headquarters for Recon Operations and Motorized Espionage) that expands upon the film storyline
* Choose from more than 20 different characters, such as Mater, Lightning McQueen and the newly introduced Finn McMissile and Holley Shiftwell, and train to become world-class spies
* Participate in simulated hazardous missions using high-tech gadgets to evade and impede adversaries
* Perform maneuvers only Cars characters can do, such as backwards driving, air tricks, sidestepping to avoid obstacles, two wheel driving and more
* Connect with World of Cars Online, a free-to-play browser-based virtual world based on the Cars universe, to gain rewards in the video game and then use them to unlock new items in the virtual world.
Mac: Mac® OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard or higher
Processor: Intel® Core Duo Processor
This game will not run on PowerPC® (G3/G4/G5) based Mac® systems (PowerMac®)
RAM: 2GB RAM
Hard Drive: 2.55GB of uncompressed hard drive space
Graphics: ATI Radeon™ X1600 or NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300 GT or Intel® HD 3000 (Intel® GMA 950 and x3100 not supported) with at least 128 MB of video RAM
Input: Keyboard and mouse
Languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
- Stability fix for newest Mac Pro
Ratings and Reviews
Sound effect strange and slightly unstable ..under HighSierra!
This game is very cool for smaller kids..boys mainly of course. But currently i want to play it with my younger one and the game seems unstable between levels…and sound effects are very much missing the most important engine sound… with too lound effects while collecting some points or when oponent is getting closer. The engine sound is partial and mostly mssing. All this under newest HighSierra MacOS.
Fun but not optimized
I originally bought this game because it was on sale for $7, so either this or a food truck meal. The game worked on my Mac and it has its entertainment, but I always feel Mac Store games are not optimized at all. Which is why it might work for me, but crash for others. Overall, my experience has been decent.
Crashes Too Often!!!!!
I bought this game for my son who seemed to enjoy it until it CRASHED every time he played. We have to restart the whole computer every time it happens. It has become quite annoying to be honest. Needs to be fixed, ASAP!!!!
- Disney Electronic Content, Inc.
- 2.2 GB
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- English, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Disney/ Pixar not including the underlying rights for third party vehicles. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.