By Sal Colascione III
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cars Connected is a cross-platform smartphone social networking messenger currently available for the iPhone and other mobile operating systems. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get updates and messages from local friends, clubs, events, classified ads, likes and comments on photos, videos, status updates and more.
- See status updates from other automotive enthusiasts in your area. YOU determine who and what is local to you in your settings.
- Create your own profile as well as sub-profiles for your automobile(s). Profiles can contain images, videos, specifications and more.
- Start a local car club - or join one in your area. Clubs have their own section where members can post status updates, images, videos and more.
- Create a local meet or event - or RSVP to one in your area. Events have their own section for status updates, images, videos and more.
- Post a classified ad for your vehicle - or inquire about ads local to you.
Cars Connected is a REAL "social networking" application that allows you to network "for real" virtually AND actually… Have nothing to do on a Thursday night? See who's around and find out if they're doing anything interesting. Cars Connected is not only a useful app - but also a FUN app! Download, install and enjoy Cars Connected - right now!
Disclaimer :- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 1.2
Excellent idea, but could use some details.
First, I would like to say how difficult I found it to not give 5 stars, because I really enjoy this App. With that said there are some areas that need improvement.
First and foremost, the ability to edit a comment does not exist. One of the single most basic features of any social app. This seems to me as though it should be top priority.
Second, it's annoying that I cannot change the order of my Car Profiles that I build. Like most people I built my primary/favorite car first. Subsequent additions have people going through 3 other vehicles before seeing my main car now. Just a simple way to re-order them and the pictures they hold inside, would be a very nice addition.
Finally, a way to limit posts to local users would be nice. I live in small town Texas, so cluttering my feed with meets in NYC or Florida don't really do anything but annoy me. I like to see what those people are doing, but the option to go back and forth between local and national would be perfect.
Barring these inconveniences, an excellent App, and if those features are added I will gladly change my rating to a full 5 stars.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 22.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sal Colascione III
- © Copyright 2014 Cars Connected LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Become Paid User$2.99