Cart Compass PDX is for finding Portland Oregon food carts, trucks and food pods. You can search for and view all the carts location on a map. The carts are constantly being updated by all the users. The list is growing and updated daily. Over 300 carts in the database!
- Locate the nearest food cart to your present position.
- Get the latest user reviews of food carts (updated daily)
- Menus for most popular food carts available.
- Rate or "Like" your favorite food carts.
- Search for your favorite type of food or cart name.
- Upload Photos of food carts and menus.
- Suggest new food carts to add to database.
- View Facebook, Twitter and contact info for a cart if available.
* Internet connection is required for this app.
* The speed of the app will depend on the speed of your internet connection.
iOS 7 bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Used to Love it, when it was updated
I Used to Love it, when it was updated regularly. Users send in updates as carts move and new food pods appear in vacant lots, but lately it's not getting updated. I don't think it's cuz users aren't updating, but because the system of updating isn't manageable for a person to receive emails from people all around the city about carts, it should be like Wikipedia where anyone who cares to can post, update, comment, add locations etc. like yelp. Maybe yelp should have a food cart feature. It used to be a great app, but it's out of date. It's also, for some reason, App Store , not coming up as an " app near by me" when I click that feature in the App Store. The app is specific to Portland, OR. My location settings are set for Portland but it doesn't come up. Oops. Never sent that. Now it's 8 mos later and I'm compelled to write another review and I went to sign in and find a review I already wrote. Food carts move in Pdx as often as the weather in Pdx. If the locations of trucks and offerings at the cartpods aren't kept up (in this case, where the users can make changes democratically ) then the app is useless. Eg. Rose city park on sandy I'm the 50s has carts listed there that haven't been there in a year and no new changes have been made. It's one if the best parks in town. . The d48 park was leveled 8 mos ago. Same for burnside and 20 SE. It was a gear idea but poorly executed.
Works well to find the pods! Maybe not the most accurate... But hey... It's free and I can find pods all over! It would be nice if it was updated and accurate!
I love food. I love food carts. This is the perfect app for finding some hidden gems, especially in Portland. Church.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.