Designed specifically by and for writers and RPG players, Cartographer is the perfect tool for creating custom maps of alien worlds, fantasy realms, and imaginary landscapes.
Simply pick what kind of landscape you're looking for and Cartographer takes care of the rest! Then customize your landscape by adjusting the sea level, turning peninsulas into islands and archipelagos into mountain ranges.
Plus, with a suite of custom styles, your map will look professionally crafted from the very moment of its creation.
Whether you're trying to visualize a world for your next story or looking for a way to add "dice roll"-stlye randomness to an RPG campaign, Cartographer will have you up and running in no time!
- Added iPhone X support
- Dramatically reduced the size of watermark when saving a map
- Added Globe map option, for maps that wrap horizontally
Ratings and Reviews
Fun and thought provoking
You need to know a few things and this can be a fun and useful app:
What it DOESN’T DO:
1. Allow you to free hand draw maps - what do you want for free?
2. Allow you to shape terrain, except in changing see level which will break up large land masses.
What it DOES DO:
1. You get to GENERATE AN ENDLESS ARRAY OF MAPS!
2. Think of all these maps as PIECES TO A PUZZLE, NAMELY THE WORLD YOU ARE TRYING TO CREATE. This app provides great grist for the mill. Create a map. Take a screenshot. Sew the parts you like together on paper or a more advanced program to get the world you’ve been trying to visualize.
3. Allows you ACTUALLY SEE all sorts of continents, island chains, etc. to you get to a finished project.
It’s a fun app that won’t let you take an idea and draw it from start to finish. But it is fantastic at going in the opposite direction and may help you fill in the missing parts to the world you are trying to map out.
A good tool for RPG world creation
As someone who has some difficulty making maps free hand that looks natural. This is a helpful tool as providing a solid jumping off point. However, there isn’t much more this app can provide. Still, I’m glad I have it.
Potentially can be upgraded a few notches.
Was specifically looking for a map creator.
Saw the reviews even before I tried it. Now that I have, would like a few questions answered (at your leisure, not taking for granted that you might live in my time zone)!!
Also note, currently no one else has bothered to create a generator yet (to my knowledge).
How much is Pro??
It should be semi advertised in the option menu after you hit the pro option in the upper left corner on the main app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.