CarTunes Music Player
By Ryan Oksenhorn
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
CarTunes is the freshest iOS music player, designed entirely for touch. Control your music with swipes, taps, and pinches. CarTunes is ideal for listening to music anytime! At the gym, on the road, or lying in bed.
With more than 1 million downloads, CarTunes is a #1 App internationally! Rated ★★★★★ by hundreds of reviewers! See what everyone's raving about:
♪ Controlling your music couldn't be easier!
- Full gesture control
- Tap anywhere to play & pause music
- Flick to change tracks
- Slide to change volume
- Pull down to instantly tweet
- Two-finger flick to shuffle
- Slide to seek forward and backward
- Pinch to play current song's album or artist
♪ Runs full screen on your iPhone or iPad
- Full iPhone 5 support!
- There is NO better way to see, hear, and control your music than with CarTunes
- HD Retina graphics custom for iPhone and iPad
- Great on the large iPad, great in your pocket
♪ Tweet your music easier than ever
- CarTunes auto-fills a tweet with the current artist and the gorgeous album artwork
- Just pull down to tweet the current song
♪ Your music never looked so good!
- Gorgeous full-screen artwork
- HD Retina graphics
- Colors & visuals adapt dynamically to match each song
- Change the font to match the mood of your music
- View a wall of album artwork for choosing music
- Tweet your music with the album artwork attached
- Optimized for both iPhone and iPad screens
♪ Choose your music with just a tap!
- Instantly access your full library with one flick
- Innovative design & interface
- Find your music by its artwork
- Sort by songs, albums, artists, playlists, & podcasts
- View your music in a gorgeous grid of artwork
- Music keeps playing when you close the app
♪ Tons more features included
- Gesture customization
- Appearance settings
- Auto-play and auto-pause
- New features coming each week!
What's New in Version 6.3.1
CarTunes no longer pauses your music on launch. Sorry about that, folks!
Best Option Out There
Simple interface makes browsing for music miles better than on the iOS 8 native music player (with its exploded view forcing you to swipe past every song an every album) that supports artist, album and song directories. It also displays album art at the largest possible size and at the very top of the screen... No more overly fancy interface treating the album art as an afterthought to be cropped, shoved in a corner or just shrunk for no reason (a la Ecoute). The layout features a tasteful mirror display of the album art across the lower screen and a progress bar that draws its predominant color from the album art... All so much like iTunes that once you've seen it you can't understand why the standard "music" app doesn't have these subtle but very aesthetically pleasing touches.
Favorite music player when docked
Too bad this has been abandoned and may not get updated for iOS11 and 64bit. Still works great with iOS 10 so don't worry about the last release date if you haven’t updated to iOS 11 yet. This app has great big artwork on my iPhone without covering it up with buttons or cropping it off. It just looks beautiful when sitting in my dock on my desk showing what's currently playing!
Thank you thank you thank you! I have finally rediscovered my music library!
My biggest complaint about Apple's music player is that it has no concept of what "shuffle" really is! I have over 3000 songs on my iPhone and when I shuffle, the same 8 songs cone up over and over again - sometimes back to back! And in between, a random song - but the same one as if any of the several albums in my library only had one song on them. It was quite aggravating. But the randomizer isn't the only plus, I love the interface! I do a lot of driving and the last thing I want to do is divert my attention from the road just to fumble with my music - the swipes make it so easy (and so much safer!!) to use. I can change tunes without even looking. Excellent APP and well worth the investment - A "must have" especially if you do a lot of driving.