By Carzac, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
You're empty seats now easily shared...
Drivers pick a few places you are happy to stop on you way to and from work. Carzac allows riders to see those trips and book a seat with one tap.
Automatic, Actionable, Offers to Drive:
Drivers choose places to pick up carpoolers on each end of your commute. Carzac turns these potential stops into *offers to drive* that riders can view and request a ride with one tap.
Crowd-Selected Meeting Places:
Carzac helps you decide where to meet with a built-in crowd-informed directory of places to meet in your area.
Carzac helps split the expense of driving all handled seamlessly within the app. Rides cost 20¢ per mile - just to share expenses.* Drivers collect 90%. Driver’s account is credited on completing the ride.
Free Employer Networks:
Verify your employer email with your profile and see other users from your employer or university. Optionally share rides just with others from your network.
Real-time Ride Management and Communication:
Carzac includes a powerful real-time ride management system:
• Reminds driver and passengers 15 minutes before ride.
• Sends a notification to passengers when driver is on her way with a real-time, continually updated estimated time of arrival.
• Upon arrival, driver’s phone automatically sends a notification to passengers.
• Built-in messaging system helps drivers and passengers communicate prior to meeting with one tap.
• Support for anonymized calling so that riders and drivers call to each other without revealing personal phone numbers.
• Both driver and riders can rate each other or flag the ride.
Finally carpoolers have a powerful tool to make carpooling convenient, flexible and fun.
* Riders pay 20¢ per mile between meeting points. Drivers collect 18¢ per rider per mile. 3 rider maximum. Carzac's fee is 10%. Offering rides at this rate is not considered a commercial activity.
This is not a "for-hire" use of your vehicle. Check with your insurance carrier for their coverage policies for passengers in a carpool. Reimbursement for driving is not considered income and is not taxed. You are simply sharing the expense of a trip you are taking anyway. See Carzac Terms of Service for more information.
What's New in Version 1.2.4
Fixes an issue with adjusting departure time and adds support for promo codes.
App is broken
I can't select a meeting place, the map just refreshes over and over while doing nothing. Are they even working on this app anymore?
Worst carpooling app I have ever come across
Can't search an address and choose from one of the options.
Password reset doesn't work.