Unlock the potential of your compatible* WiFi camera with Cascable. Built for professional and amateur photographers alike, Cascable is the best tool available for working with your camera in the field.
Whether it’s taking perfect group shots with your family using the included Apple Watch app or nailing that hard-to-reach shot in your latest photoshoot, Cascable will prove to be an essential part of your toolkit.
——— Features ———
• Full control of your camera’s exposure settings right at your fingertips.
• Take timelapses, perform exposure bracketing and more with the built-in Shutter Robot automation tool.
• Create, edit and manage geotags with Cascable's beautiful geotagging map view and powerful automatic tagging tools**.
• Work smart in low-light conditions with an app-wide night theme.
• Put your shutter right on your wrist with the included Apple Watch app. Makes group shots a breeze!
• Download full-resolution images straight from your camera one at a time or in batches.
• View, share and export your photos at full resolution (including RAW files***) right from your iOS device.
• Apply adjustments to your images for exporting and sharing with Quick Proof.
• Connect to a TV using AirPlay or HDMI and view your photos on the big screen for easy and fast reviewing.
• Using an neutral density filter or taking photos of the stars? Built-in calculators perform tricky exposure calculations in a snap.
• Cascable is designed to be fast, intuitive and powerful and provides a fully featured experience on all supported iPod touch, iPhone and iPad models.
• More information on Cascable’s features can be found on the Cascable website, http://cascable.se.
——— Made for You, the Photographer ———
Cascable is designed with the photographer in mind, and will only get better over time. If you have questions, need help or have a feature request, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
——— In-App Purchases and Subscriptions ———
Some features require the purchase of Cascable Pro, available as a one-off In-App Purchase or as a subscription. There are two Cascable Pro subscriptions:
- 1 month costs $2.99.
- 3 months costs $5.99.
Should you choose to subscribe to Cascable Pro, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to it running out and you can manage it from User Settings in iTunes after purchasing it, and you'll also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there.
——— Notes ———
* Compatible cameras include WiFi-equipped models from the following model ranges:
- Canon EOS,
- Fujifilm X and Finepix,
- Nikon D,
- Olympus OM-D, PEN, and SH,
- Panasonic LUMIX.
- Sony Alpha, HX, RX, and NEX.
For more information and detailed compatibility notes, see the Cascable website.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
*** Exluding Fujifilm models and certain older Panasonic models. See the Cascable website for details.
Canon and EOS are trademarks of Canon Inc.
Fujifilm and Finepix are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation.
Olympus, Olympus PEN, STYLUS and OM-D are trademarks of Olympus Corporation.
Nikon is a trademark of Nikon Corporation.
NEX, RX and α are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Uses the Camera Remote API by Sony.
===== New Features =====
- Added support for the Fujifilm X-T3.
===== Bug Fixes =====
- Fixed a bug that would cause the remote control toolbar to appear under the home indicator on the 2018 iPad Pro models.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the geotagging section of Cascable to not apply Night Mode correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice concept, not so good execution
I love the concept of this app, but it has several main flaws.
1. It freezes a lot. When connecting to my Fujifilm X-E2. It sometimes works in the beginning, after a while, it freezes, and I have to shut down the app and my camera and reconnect.
2. Shutter and aperture adjustment in the app has a major problem, almost every time I adjust shutter and aperture in Cascable, it first works ok, EV on live view changes, then it just stop working, in my case no matter how I adjust shutter value in Cascable, it jumps back to 25sec, similar situation when I adjust aperture value, and EV won’t change anymore. I’ve tried to set aperture value to ‘auto’, shutter value to ‘auto’ or ‘bulb’ on my Fujifilm X-E2, but still all the same.
3. Geotagging in China might have a problem. Chinese government asks map providers to “shift” locations on every map in China for a certain distance (because of national security reason blah blah blah), after geotagging with Cascable, locations where I actually take pictures is a distance away from those on the map in Cascable. I believe the location info is correctly geotagged onto the photos, it’s just shown incorrectly on the map in Cascable due to that Chinese government problem. There’s an app ‘Fog of World’ and it had the same problem before, then the developer solved it, maybe Cascable developer can write FoG a letter.
Great and reliable
I love it and compared to the Fuji app, this is well worth the $24 for paid features(not required but does have neat features; geotagging, )
Other reviews mentioned the price is outrageous but I feel it’s fair because it’s not just a transfer app but offers other features as well. If you’re not a fan of paying the $24 they also have other options like a subscription plan to split up the payments but this isn’t needed if you just want to transfer. I think the subscription would be well worth it. Considering you’re funding for new features that you would get with your subscription once they release.
TLDR: Better than Fuji app, well worth it.
I love it.
I have a Nikon D750 and a Nikon P900 (bridge camera). Both work with Nikon WMU but barely... which sent me looking and asking around for a better way.
In a Facebook Group... someone turned me on to Cascable..... so I got my D750 and headed to Apple Apps. Well it took all of 5 minutes of playing with the free version to convert me. I went all in on the Pro Version. The Shutter Robot is so easy to use and the file transfer to phone is intuitive. It’s just what I needed for my D750. ... I can live with the other camera and it’s app.
I can’t wait to get out and do some long exposure work while using Cascable... I don’t have to buy a remote IR now.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words!
- Cascable AB
- 56.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016–2018 Cascable AB
- In-App Purchases
- Cascable Pro $5.99
- Cascable Pro $2.99
- Cascable Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.