Unlock the potential of your compatible* WiFi camera with Cascable. Built for professional and amateur photographers alike, Cascable is the best tool available for working with your camera in the field.
Whether it’s taking perfect group shots with your family using the included Apple Watch app or nailing that hard-to-reach shot in your latest photoshoot, Cascable will prove to be an essential part of your toolkit.
——— Features ———
• Full control of your camera’s exposure settings right at your fingertips.
• Take timelapses, perform exposure bracketing and more with the built-in Shutter Robot automation tool.
• Create, edit and manage geotags with Cascable's beautiful geotagging map view and powerful automatic tagging tools**.
• Work smart in low-light conditions with an app-wide night theme.
• Put your shutter right on your wrist with the included Apple Watch app. Makes group shots a breeze!
• Download full-resolution images straight from your camera one at a time or in batches.
• View, share and export your photos at full resolution (including RAW files***) right from your iOS device.
• Apply adjustments to your images for exporting and sharing with Quick Proof.
• Connect to a TV using AirPlay or HDMI and view your photos on the big screen for easy and fast reviewing.
• Using an neutral density filter or taking photos of the stars? Built-in calculators perform tricky exposure calculations in a snap.
• Cascable is designed to be fast, intuitive and powerful and provides a fully featured experience on all supported iPod touch, iPhone and iPad models.
• More information on Cascable’s features can be found on the Cascable website, http://cascable.se.
——— Made for You, the Photographer ———
Cascable is designed with the photographer in mind, and will only get better over time. If you have questions, need help or have a feature request, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
——— In-App Purchases and Subscriptions ———
Some features require the purchase of Cascable Pro, available as a one-off In-App Purchase or as a subscription. There are two Cascable Pro subscriptions:
- 1 month costs $2.99.
- 3 months costs $5.99.
Should you choose to subscribe to Cascable Pro, the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to it running out and you can manage it from User Settings in iTunes after purchasing it, and you'll also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there.
——— Notes ———
* Compatible cameras include WiFi-equipped models from the following model ranges:
- Canon EOS,
- Fujifilm X and Finepix,
- Nikon D,
- Olympus OM-D, PEN, and SH,
- Panasonic LUMIX.
- Sony Alpha, HX, RX, and NEX.
For more information and detailed compatibility notes, see the Cascable website.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
*** Exluding Fujifilm models and certain older Panasonic models. See the Cascable website for details.
Canon and EOS are trademarks of Canon Inc.
Fujifilm and Finepix are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation.
Olympus, Olympus PEN, STYLUS and OM-D are trademarks of Olympus Corporation.
Nikon is a trademark of Nikon Corporation.
NEX, RX and α are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
Uses the Camera Remote API by Sony.
This minor update fixes a problem that could cause a completely white live view area when remote controlling your camera. Full release notes for Cascable 3.5 follow.
#### New Features ####
- Added support for the following cameras:
- Panasonic GH-5 running the latest firmware update.
- Fujifilm X-H1, X-100F.
- Canon EOS M50, EOS T7/2000D, EOS T10/4000D, EOS SL2/200D.
- Added support for the new RAW format from Canon — CR3. However, please note that right now iOS doesn't support CR3 files natively, so you may encounter difficulties when exporting them directly to other apps that don't explicitly support them. We expect support to be added to iOS by Apple in a future iOS update.
- Added a new setting: *Prefer High Framerate*. When enabled, and if supported by your camera, Cascable will reduce the quality of the live view stream to achieve a higher frame rate.
- Implemented a number of optimisations to live view rendering when not using either Focus Peaking or zebras, which reduces the amount of CPU usage Cascable uses roughly by half. This is particularly noticeable on older iOS devices when using cameras with a high live view frame rate, but everyone will enjoy a more responsive experience and less battery drain.
- Added support for the Bleach Bypass art filter on newer Olympus cameras.
#### Bug Fixes ####
- Switching from the Remote Control section of Cascable to Recipes and then back again will no longer cause live view to fail on Fujifilm cameras.
- Black bars should no longer be seen around the thumbnails of images on Canon cameras.
- When exporting a JPEG version of a RAW image, metadata is now correctly inserted into the JPEG export.
- Cascable will no longer display a long list of bad values for aperture when connecting a Panasonic camera with no lens attached.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice concept, not so good execution
I love the concept of this app, but it has several main flaws.
1. It freezes a lot. When connecting to my Fujifilm X-E2. It sometimes works in the beginning, after a while, it freezes, and I have to shut down the app and my camera and reconnect.
2. Shutter and aperture adjustment in the app has a major problem, almost every time I adjust shutter and aperture in Cascable, it first works ok, EV on live view changes, then it just stop working, in my case no matter how I adjust shutter value in Cascable, it jumps back to 25sec, similar situation when I adjust aperture value, and EV won’t change anymore. I’ve tried to set aperture value to ‘auto’, shutter value to ‘auto’ or ‘bulb’ on my Fujifilm X-E2, but still all the same.
3. Geotagging in China might have a problem. Chinese government asks map providers to “shift” locations on every map in China for a certain distance (because of national security reason blah blah blah), after geotagging with Cascable, locations where I actually take pictures is a distance away from those on the map in Cascable. I believe the location info is correctly geotagged onto the photos, it’s just shown incorrectly on the map in Cascable due to that Chinese government problem. There’s an app ‘Fog of World’ and it had the same problem before, then the developer solved it, maybe Cascable developer can write FoG a letter.
Great and reliable
I love it and compared to the Fuji app, this is well worth the $24 for paid features(not required but does have neat features; geotagging, )
Other reviews mentioned the price is outrageous but I feel it’s fair because it’s not just a transfer app but offers other features as well. If you’re not a fan of paying the $24 they also have other options like a subscription plan to split up the payments but this isn’t needed if you just want to transfer. I think the subscription would be well worth it. Considering you’re funding for new features that you would get with your subscription once they release.
TLDR: Better than Fuji app, well worth it.
Issues with Sony A7Riii
This app has serious potential but it doesn’t seem to work quite yet with the Sony A7Riii. I have updated the firmware on my camera to Sony’s latest firmware and the app is still buggy. When using the shutter robot the shutter fires at random times and not at the times set in the app. Often times it will randomly shoot a burst of multiple frames. When the shutter firing does seem to be in sync, the camera locks up and just keeps on shooting regardless of the time or number frames set for the threshold. The camera has to be powered off and then back on in order to get it to respond otherwise it just keeps on shooting indefinitely with no other way to get it to respond.
I had serious hopes for this app but it was a big disappointment in the end. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or I can get my $30 back.
We're sorry you're having trouble with Cascable. Issues like this are usually caused by a weak WiFi connection and/or interference, and if you're shooting quickly, taking shots faster than the camera's cycle time will allow (which is longer than usual when connected to WiFi). We have an article on our blog post that discusses cycle times and how to reduce them (it's called "Success with Shutter Robot"). If you still have problems, please contact support (email@example.com) and we can help you out.
- Cascable AB
- 68.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016–2018 Cascable AB
- In-App Purchases
- Cascable Pro $5.99
- Cascable Pro $29.99
- Cascable Pro $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.