LEARN BIOCHEMISTRY IN THE CONTEXT OF REAL-LIFE PATIENTS AND PREPARE FOR THE USMLE Step 1 - Experience with clinical cases is key to excelling on the USMLE Step 1 and shelf exams, and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files: Biochemistry provides 53 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in this field. Each case includes an easy-to understand discussion correlated to essential basic science concepts, definitions of key terms, biochemistry pearls, and USMLE-style review questions. With Case Files, you'll learn instead of memorize.
-Learn from 53 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions and key-point pearls
-Master complex concepts through clear and concise discussions
-Practice with review questions to reinforce learning
-Polish your approach to clinical problem-solving
-Perfect for medical and dental students preparing for course exams and the Boards
This free application includes 1 sample case study from the 53 that are available through an in-app purchase of $29.99 of Case Files Biochemistry.
Each case has been designed for the iPad and iPhone with interactive features:
• Study/Exam/Bookmark modes for USMLE-style review questions.
• In the Study mode, check the answers as you tackle the questions.
• In the Exam mode, time yourself and review the answers after time is up.
• In the Bookmark mode, review only the questions you have flagged for further study.
• File away correctly answered questions after each practice quiz.
• Choose the number of questions in each practice quiz: 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, or all.
• Opt to include questions from previous quizzes.
• Learn further from interactive questions at the end of each case, with explanations.
• Sort cases by name or by case number.
• Take down notes using the Notes section for each case.
• Study in horizontal or vertical mode on the iPhone and the iPad.
• Store quiz scores to track your progress.
• Search contents of cases
• Create tags to organize and find tags by search
• Modify font sizes
• Highlight text
About the Authors
Eugene C. Toy, MD is a dual certified family physician and ob/gyn and is Academic Chief and Program Director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas, where he is also actively involved in teaching medical students. He oversees the ob/gyn clerkship at Christus St. Joseph Hospital.
William E. Seifert, Jr., PhD is Senior Lecturer and Medical Biochemistry Course Director at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School.
Henry W. Strobel, PhD is Professor at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, and Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs at The University of Texas–Houston Medical School.
Konrad P. Harms, MD is Associate Program Director and Director of Academic Development for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program at The Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas.
-We've made it easier to delete highlighted text. Now, you can either delete single highlights or all highlights in a section can be deleted at once.
- Expanded Apps, Inc.
- 37.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright for Original Work © 2018 The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., Software Copyright © 2018 Expanded Apps, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Case Files Biochemistry Test Review Questions for USMLE Step 1 & NBDE Exams $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.