Castaway - Podcast Player
By Philip Viso
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Castaway is a minimalist podcast app for playing and managing audio podcasts.
- Browse podcasts by what's popular, by podcast networks, or search for podcasts by name or author.
- Subscribe to your favorite podcasts or listen to individual episodes from the directory without the need to subscribe to the entire podcast.
- Supports streaming new episodes, as well as downloading episodes locally to your device.
- Utilizes background refresh to ensure that your podcasts are always up to date.
- Receive notifications when new episodes are available for listening.
- New episodes download automatically in the background for you. If you prefer to stream new episodes, you can disable automatic downloads.
- Save your favorite episodes, so that you'll always have them available for repeat listens.
- Adjustable playback rate that can be configured globally as well as per podcast.
What's New in Version 2.4
- Castaway now uses a tab bar for navigating to the different sections in the app
- You know longer need to specify if you’re searching for a title or author when searching for podcasts
- Fixed a bug where really long URLs in views that show episode notes wouldn’t properly wrap to a new line
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar would sometimes be the wrong color when refreshing your podcasts
- Fixed a bug where the progress bar would sometimes stay on screen after a refresh finished
- Simplified meaning of the segments on the podcast detail page. “My Episodes” includes unplayed and saved episodes. “All Episodes” is every episode for that podcast.
- Improved dynamic type support
- Fixed a few bugs hard to hit bugs related to importing podcasts from an OPML file
- Bug fixes and stability improvements