Castbox is a powerful podcast player with a super clean layout and easy to navigate interface.
Listen to over 95 million podcasts episodes from over 70 different countries and languages. Stream or download your favorite podcasts anywhere and anytime with just one tap.
- Powerful search engine to help you find your favorite podcasts easily
- Personalized recommendations based on your listening and subscription history
- Effortless streaming and downloading audio content
- Full support for cross-device syncing
- Discover new and top podcasts from Castbox’s daily popular lists
- Subscribe to your favorite channels with one tap and never miss an episode
- Use Castbox’s sleep timer to fall asleep
- Adjust playback speed to accommodate your listening habits
Brand New: In-Audio Search
- Our brand new In-Audio Search function can help you identify more relevant audio based on keywords and phrases within audio files
- To make finding audio content that best matches your search queries easier, your search keywords will be highlighted in each search result,
- The advanced search function can locate the time when a word is used within the audio and bring you to that exact sentence
- The In-Audio Search function is combined with machine learning to surface personalized podcast results
- The more you use Castbox, the smarter your search results will be
With the latest version installed, Castbox will appear on any CarPlay-compatible in-dash receiver when connected, allowing for a faster and easier playback control.
Download Castbox for all your podcast, radio, audiobook and audio needs:
- Accelerate your professional and personal growth
- Laugh and be entertained by your favorite comedians when you’re on the road
- Learn new things with science and life advice programs
- Get fluent in Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, and other languages
- Stay updated with the latest news
- Explore thousands of audiobooks like Harry Potter
- Amazon Echo support! Say “Alexa, play my podcasts on Castbox”, then your podcasts will start playing.
1. Length of subscription: 1 month
2. Price of subscription:
Castbox Premium -- $0.99/month;
Future Shock Premium -- $4.99/month;
The Paracast Premium--$4.99/month;
The Tech Night Owl LIVE Premium--$4.99/month.
3. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
4. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
5. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
Get in touch:
Let us know what you’re listening to and share your feedback with us.
Visit our website: www.castbox.fm
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/castbox.fm
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Castbox_FM
Contact us: email@example.com
Topics you can listen to on Castbox:
Arts, Business, Comedy, Humor & Satire, Education, Games & Hobbies, Government & Organizations, Health & Medicine, Kids & Family, Literature, Music, News & Politics, Religion & Spirituality, Science & Technology, Sports & Recreation, Society & Culture, TV & Film
1. Optimized Siri Shortcuts: Now you can use Siri Shortcuts to open Castbox and jump to the channel you subscribed to.
2. Redesigned UI for the player for a more simplistic look.
3. Fixed UI for Apple Watch to allow for full-screen display.
4. Optimized CarPlay functionality and increased loading speed.
5. Fixed channel info link display issue.
Ratings and Reviews
So much to like about this app but there are several key issues which need to be addressed especially for a premium app.
The biggest and most important is that the app has trouble picking up new episodes and showing them in the new releases section. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of subscriptions but I went through my shows individually and found seven new episodes that the app had not surfaced. Of all the features a podcast app must get right, this is number one. Until this is fixed, I can’t recommend people trust the app.
Secondly, if you share the link to an episode and the person opens it on a computer, they get a nice web interface to listen in. This is a great way to share and to get people curious about the app. Unfortunately, they’ve taken the opposite tactic on mobile. If some one open the link on their phone it forces then to download the app. This is just bad user experience. I can promise that no one ends up downloading the app from a tactic like this. This just click out of the link and never listen to the episode. And as almost 100% of what we share is opened on a phone not a desktop, this makes the user stop sharing. I have. Make the web app available on mobile browsers. More people will share and hence more people will know about castbox.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback! We have reoprted the issue of new releases and and the request of mobile browser version to our product team and development team, and will continue to update our app to deliver better user experience. As a startup, every review matters very much to us. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with other feedback. Thanks again for your kind support! :-) - Teresa
Is this the one?
It might be the one. Like many people, from time to time I just get too frustrated with Apple’s Podcasts app and I go searching for something better. I think I’ve tried basically every alternative, and there’s always some reason why I go back to Apple. But Apple just can’t seem to get it right. I don’t understand. I really like Apple products and software design in general.
Anyway, I’ve only just started using this one, but it appears it’s just perfect for me. It’s got the right balance of clean, attractive design, easy usability, and general features. It doesn’t have the fullest set of features out there, but I have found that the ones that do are just more complicated than what I want to deal with for podcast management.
For me, I like a clean interface, intuitive management of downloads and playlists, and, most important, a great searching platform that makes it easy to find both podcasts to subscribe to but also individual episodes that feature people or subjects I’m interested in. This one seems to have it all—and no ads! (My other favorite, “Podcast App,” was just as good but had annoying full screen pop-up ads.)
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate your kind words. Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any future feedback or comments you may have. We will continue to update our app, add more features, make CastBox better and better for you, and strive to deliver the best user experience around. Thank you very much for your kind support! :-) - Sarah
Wanted to replace Apple Podcasts but Nope
Really wanted to like this app. Mostly because some podcasts I listen to are partnered with Castbox, so it would benefit them to listen through Castbox instead of Apple Podcasts. Anyway, here is why I am going back to Apple podcast and deleting Castbox:
1.) If you’re in the car and listening to a podcast on Castbox, the podcast will not pause during the Maps instructions. So you can count on every 1-3 mins missing about 5 words of what your podcast is saying if you’re not on the highway. I looked through the settings and couldn’t find a way to pause the podcast during Map instructions.
2.) First two pages are “discover pages”. I like the “Subscribed” but it would be nice if the “Listen” page showed your recently updated podcasts. Also, “Subscribed” is not in order from most recent uploads, so it’s easy to miss a new podcast if you don’t scroll down and look for the tiny orange “1”. Also, if you want to change the discover page or anything you have to pay.
Overall, good app but is not a replacement for Apple podcasts. You don’t have to pay for Apple Podcasts, and you don’t have to discover new podcasts unless you want to. In app purchases is a no-go considering podcasts are free
Developer Response ,
We have just released the newest version v4.23. Now the app will pause during the Maps instructions. Would you like to give us another try? Plus there are more options to sort your subscription including "Time Updated". Looking forward to seeing you back! Your support means so much to us, and we always welcome any feedback or comments you may have. Feel free to reach us at email@example.com. Thank you very much for the support and understanding! :-) - Teresa
- Guru Network Limited
- 115.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Guru Network Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Castbox Premium $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 180 $0.99
- Castbox Premium Promo 90 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.