By [adult swim]
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Nails everything I could want in a 'defense' title…simply a blast to play." 5/5 Stars –TouchArcade
"One of the best games I've played on the mobile platform -- full stop." 9.5/10 -Destructoid
Dr. Lord Evilstein has kidnapped a princess, and now his evil lair is crawling with do-gooders. In this reverse spin on tower defense it’s your job to defend your home turf from heroes trying to save the day. View your domain from a side-view perspective, placing traps and unleash minions on your unwitting foes to protect the fortress. Touch and drag up and down on the tower to navigate floors. Across three chapters and 45 levels you’ll outwit intruders that attempt to invade your castle from all sides—ladders allowing them entrance on higher floors, underground drills to start on dungeon floors closer to your fair maiden. Keep the princess safely in your clutches and send those heroes cryin’ back to momma.
From Adult Swim Games and Grumpyface Studios who brought you Robot Unicorn Attack and Super Mole Escape!
FURIOUSLY FIENDISH FEATURES:
• Touch and drag or tap to place traps and minions in your castle and navigate floors with ease
• 60 maniacally challenging levels spread across three chapters + 'Summer Slaycation' content update!
• Upgradeable Traps & Minions to overpower your most stubborn of intruders
• Ward Off Knights, Archers, Superheroes and more
• Combine & stack Traps for maximum effect
• Unlockable Extremely Difficult Endless Mode For Extreme Challenge
• 26 Game Center achievements to gather
• Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards
We'll even throw in a Flying Monkey, no extra charge.
== SUMMER SLAYCATION UPDATE ADDED 4/3 ==
- All new “Slaycation” chapter with 15 new stages (bringing the total to 60), accessible to the left of Chapter 1 after you've 'crowned' 12 stages
- The new chapter adds the “two princesses” feature (with the new Beach Princess). Players earn screams twice as quickly, but must defend both princesses simultaneously
- Three all new traps: Iron Maiden, the Spark Minion, and the Giant Boulder of Death
- Two new heroes: the Lifeguard and the Galaxy Soldier
- New “randomize trap shelf button” – shake up your arsenal of weapons and adapt your strategy on the fly with randomized traps. Receive a bonus from completing stages with all randomized traps
- Six new achievements
Check out more from Adult Swim Games at games.adultswim.com
What's New in Version 1.1.2
- Bug fixes
Playing The Bad Guy Has Never Been So Fun!
[AS] games has made several enjoyable mobile games in the past. Robot Unicorn Attack 2, Giant Boulder Of Death, Amateur Surgeon, sure, they're all great games, no arguing about that, but I'm not sure if any of them are as amazing as Castle Doombad. Not only is the concept extremely innovative, but the large array of traps and minions to use makes the fun last from start to finish, and that's just the tip of the iceberg! Beautiful, cartoonish graphics and dark humor make Castle Doombad possibly the most enjoyable [AS] game I've ever played, and that is why I give Castle Doombad an 8.75 out of 10.
Great game but...
I really enjoyed playing most of this game. The art style is good and consistent. The gameplay is a neat twist on tower defense games with the additions of semi-autonomous minions and towers that you have to fire manually. The levels are well designed.
However at the higher levels, I've found a few that I can't beat or that are very difficult. What happens then is that, since I'm not beating levels, I can't upgrade weapons anymore.
It's pretty nefarious but I think it's actually a pay to play game in disguise. You pay up front and then again if you want to win.
I would much rather pay $3 for a complete game and avoid the constant nagging of ads or paying for coins or whatever else. It's a fun game, and definitely a better game than similar games like PvZ2. Which follows the model that I just described. Besides, $3 really isn't that much. I hope AS follows this model with more of it's games. I'll pay, I don't care.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 29, 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 90.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- ™ & © Cartoon Network (s13)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Baddie Pack$1.99
- Doom-shekel Doubler$2.99
- Evilness Pack$1.99
- Big Boss Pack$9.99
- Devious Pack$4.99