Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Heroic prices for priceless heroes. Save up to 75% on a selection of Feral games, including 33% off Castle of Illusion!
One of the “Best Games of 2014” in the “Mac App Store Best of 2014”!
Leap into a magical Disney adventure!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When Minnie Mouse is kidnapped by the jealous witch Mizrabel, it’s up to Mickey to rescue her from a hexed castle in this fairytale platforming adventure. Bounce, jump, swim and swing through fifteen captivating levels, each filled with tricky tasks and imaginative enemies.
Overcome the outrageous obstacles Mizrabel has scattered throughout her magical stronghold as you play through a spellbinding adventure where sparkling graphics, charming environments and deft animations evoke the enchanting spirit of classic Disney.
• Experience an ingenious re-imagining of the classic 2D platforming of SEGA’s original Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, with up-to-date graphics, surprising new levels and seamless transitions into full 3D gameplay.
• Bounce across treetops, scale castle walls, dive into flooded dungeons and navigate whirlpools in enormous teacups in your heroic quest to rescue Minnie!
• Launch projectiles and jumping attacks to see off Mizrabel’s minions, including floating ghosts, mischievous bookworms and an army of toy soldiers!
• Brave the castle’s most powerful guardians – including a grumpy old oak tree, a crazy Jack-in-the-box and a hungry dragon made out of candy – in outrageous boss battles.
• A hidden treasure! Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is a legendary game for an astonishing price.
Important information regarding Castle of Illusion:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 1.8GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 900MB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 1xxx series, NVIDIA 3xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 8xxx series and NVIDIA 9xxx series.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on the Castle of Illusion mini-site at feralinteractive.com/castleofillusion
© SEGA. © 1990, 2013-2014 Disney. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Perfect, but . . .
I don’t have any gaming systems, so I don’t really know what’s on the market in terms of 3D games, but this absolutely wonderful. As a kid I loved 2D sidescrolling games (athough I did not play the original of this game). I never made the transition to 3D. This game was great in that the 2D action (animated in 3D) was amazing as were the 3D action parts.
There were some moments in this game where I had these tinges of childhood—the most magical parts of childhood. It wasn’t that I had seen anything in this game in childhood, it was just that the game was magically produced with something you can’t force. I see kids shows on TV today and they don’t have this magic. This brought me back to what I remember the wonder of cartoons felt like as a child.
As for my title (Perfect, but), my main complaint is that the developers built this amazing beautiful world but that it’s now over! I would love to see more levels added, even if they don’t create brand new worlds. I love the milkshake world (within the Library world). Make ten more levels of that!
I went back through and got all 800 diamonds to see if that added any features, but it did not. I look forward to more games like this and maybe more levels from this game!
I haven’t played a game as Mickey mouse since MICKEY’S MAGIC WAND game on the game boy! The music is cool, the game is challenging and fun! I am only on the second stage but I'm enjoying it! The story is great and (from a scriptwriter’s point of view) the villian’s name is awesome! The only reason I gave it a 4/5 is because the intro movie could be a little better. It’s done with still frames and would have so much more fun to watch as an acctual video/movie! But that’s my only complaint! I LOVE THIS GAME! And I got it the day it came out! So worth $15. It’s fun for kids, Disney lovers (like me) and adults who love playing video games!
Currently won’t run at 5K on 5K iMacs
I tried to start the game twice at 5K resolution, but it crashes each time. I guess the game isn’t ready to run at that resolution on the new 5K iMac, but the option is offered in the video settings. Developers please fix this, I would really like to be able to run it on my new 5K iMac.
Edit: BTW, it will run at 4K though and it looks glorious! I fought the first boss and it just looks so beautiful on the 5K screen. If you have a 5K iMac, buy the game anyway and run it at 4K for now.
- Category: Games
- Released: Jul 24, 2014
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 765 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © SEGA. © 1990, 2013-2014 Disney. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.5 or later