Welcome to the world of CastleStorm - Free to Siege, a super genre mashup of 2D physics destruction mashed with tower defense brawler!
CastleStorm - Free to Siege includes all of the features in the critically acclaimed console version of the game!
- 2D physics destruction
- Action-strategy-beat’em up genre mashup
- Console quality graphics
- Full voicovers and story line
- Original soundtrack by Waterflame
- Controls tailored to the touch screen
- Upgradeable weapons, spells and characters
- 8 playable hero characters
Build your own custom castle with the Castle Editor! Use your castle in battle!
Four Campaigns spanning 150 battles!
- Kingdom Quest (50 battles)
- Welcome to Vikingland (40 battles)
- From Outcast to Savior (30 battles)
- The Warrior Queen (30 battles)
Four different nations with their own troop class, weapons, spells and bonus rooms:
- Royal Guard
- Viking Elites
CastleStorm - Free to Siege is free to play, however some in-game items will require payment and can be purchased as in-app purchases. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device's settings.
Visit www.castlestormgame.com for more information about the game.
Be sure to visit us at www.zenstudios.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/zen_studios or Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/zenstudios
View game trailers on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/ZenStudiosGames
Replay - Learn and Adapt!
From now on, you'll be able to learn new tricks from your enemies or simply oversee your troop behavior with the help of the battle replays.
Promotional packages - Various options to expand your gameplay experience
• Booster - Get a bunch of Boosters to make your troop's life easier!
• Starter - Unlock and level up essential equipment pieces and make your way to the end of the campaign!
• Hero - Unlock the fiercest heroes in the CastleStorm universe!
• Pro - Upgrade your empire to PRO and beat your enemies in ferocious castle-on-castle PVP battles!
• Ultimate - Remove all unlocks from the game and savor the unmitigated CastleStorm experience!
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy a unique take on medieval warfare in Zen Studios’ light-hearted action-strategy game. As rival fortresses attack your own, you’ll use a ballista to fling boulders at enemy towers and spear approaching armies, while sending forth your own troops and unleashing powerful spells. Battling opposing units up-close as an individual hero nicely balances the ranged combat, and CastleStorm’s goofy characters and richly detailed graphics keep it an enchanting experience throughout.
Was fun until...
Allow me to preface this review by saying that this game is indeed enjoyable. The castles are customizable, the weapons, spells, and troops are all upgradeable, and (most importantly for a freemium game), it is more than possible to acquire both of the premium currencies without spending any real money.
That said, after I spent dozens if not hundreds of hours dominating pvp (as the overpowered Viking elites) and acquiring thousands of each of the premium and hundreds of thousands of gold (the standard currency), my profile was suddenly "corrupted" and reset to the beginning - thereby wasting all of my time and any real dollars I would have spent, had it not been my personal policy to not spend money on free apps. Regardless, a significant quantity of my time was wasted because of a bug somewhere.
This is unacceptable. If this is a potential hazard of the freemium model, then it ought to be abandoned in favor of paying a dollar or two, and providing real customer support. Frankly, the only reason this even gets one star is because I can't give it zero. If this gets fixed, I will adjust my review. Until then, DO NOT waste your time on this. It may be fun, but to earn something and have it taken away makes it less than worthless.
Second platform I've played this on, love it!
I played originally not that long ago on the Vita. I got it free with PSPlus, and I soon became obsessed! I didn't touch my iPad for 2 weeks as its all I played. Btw, when can we expect a new expansion pack on there? I like playing on the iPad, although not nearly as much as on the vita. Using Garreths bow is tricky and I've not really mastered it or even really figured that out yet. The diamonds are nearly pointless and haven't a clue what the red jewels are for, I imagine it's for pvp. Also, I considered the VIP package for $5, but it's unclear if it's a recurring charge, are the jewels/gold parceled out over time? Do you receive a lump sum then more weekly? It's very confusing and I've avoided it. I've not spent a penny so far, nearly thru the first campaign and hoping it doesn't crash. I've not had a crash yet. Fingers crossed!
- ZEN Studios Ltd.
- 463.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2014-2015 Zen Studios Ltd. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- VIP Package $4.99
- Handful of Gems $4.99
- Bag of Gems $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.