Cat Facts is a text messaging service which provides random, funny, and interesting facts about cats. Cats Facts has also become widely known as a popular Internet trolling prank made popular by Reddit.
• ***NEW*** View Conversation History. View the entire conversation history, including all messages sent and the replies.
• Fast Delivery. First message sent within minutes.
• Anonymous. Your phone number is never used or shown.
• Unlisted Phone Number. The text messages come from an unlisted phone number.
• Delivery Rate Control. You control the amount of messages sent per day.
• Works Everywhere. All US and International wireless carriers are supported.
HOW TO USE:
1.) Sign up with any email address. You have to do this so that you can start/stop the texts.
2.) Add a new contact.
3.) After adding a contact, buy credits for the number of text messages you want sent. 1 credit = 1 text message. It costs us money to send the text messages so we need to charge to cover our costs.
4.) Now, flip the switch to the "ON" (green) position for the contact. This begins sending the texts. To stop, simply switch to the "OFF" position.
Tap on the contact's name to modify their name, number or profile photo. You can also choose the number of texts to send per day for each contact. Your remaining credits are shown here and you can view the conversation history as well.
Q: Does this really work?
A: Yes! Your contacts will receive funny, interesting and random cat facts. If you are having issues, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Is it anonymous?
A: Yes, the app sends anonymously from a non-listed number. Your phone number is never displayed or used.
Q: Does the recipient need to have the app installed for this to work?
A: No! The recipient does not need to have the app. The app sends messages by SMS text message so as long as your recipient can receive text messages, this will work.
Q: Are there any other fees?
A: No. The only fee is for the credits to send messages. 1 credit = 1 text message. Standard data and text messaging rates may apply.
Q: Why do I have to buy credits?
A: Although sending text messages through your wireless carrier plan is typically free, sending bulk messages through a third party system, such as this app, is not free. That is why we must charge a very small fee to cover our costs.
Q: Can the recipient stop the messages?
A: Yes. The app must follow TCPA laws which allows a recipient of text messages to request them to stop. If this is the case, we can issue you a refund or transfer your credits to another contact.
Supports US and International based phone numbers.
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at: email@example.com.
Bug fixes and performance improvements:
• Fixed an issue with the "Conversation History" feature not displaying messages sent and received. Now your entire conversation history can be seen.
• Revised the menu by combining the main menu with the sub-menu items.
• Added a new "Help" menu item, in an effort to address the most common issues.
• Added a new "FAQ" menu item, in an effort to address the most common questions.
• Revised the "About" menu item, to give more specific app details and usage instructions.
• Fixed an issue with the live updating of the number of credits remaining for a contact.
• Optimized functionality for international users.
• Optimized the delivery speed of messages.
• Updated the App Store screen shots.
Ratings and Reviews
Waste of money
Like most people, I assumed this would be a cheap and easy prank for some friends, and it would have been if it even worked. I bought 10 credits each for 3 separate contacts. None of my contacts unsubscribed, in fact, they were looking forward to them. A message came each day around the same time, however, no facts about cats were anywhere in the messages. Disappointing, right? A little bit. The messages were just asking them if they wanted to receive a fact every hour, and one said “command not recognized.” Not really sure what command though, because none of my contacts had replied. When I tried to get in touch with the company through email to ask about when the cat facts actually start, and why it’s wasting my credits on nonsense completely unrelated to felines, I find that their only form of contact through the app does in fact not work.
Very simple prank. You pay for so many credits = text messages to be sent to someone. It's sent anonymously. You get to see the conversation too. You an turn on and off the text messages to be sent. Only thing is that this app has a delay with updating current information. Like messages sent and received and how many credits are left. Also the push notifications did not work either. I had to go back often and check myself for updates.
Needs improvements- wouldn’t recommend
Requires in app purchase. 10 messages is 0.99. Here’s my feedback.
1) Once a purchase is made some sort of notification that a message is going to be sent automatically would be nice.
2) Don’t use my credits to send your spam messages.
3) It would be normal to use my 10 credits on multiple people, not just 1 person.
Here’s why. I have 8 credits left because messages have not been sent to 1 person. I can’t use those credits on someone else. If I was allowed to use all my credits on multiple people I “MIGHT” actually buy more credits when the other credits are used. I don’t want to buy more credits when I feel like I have some sitting in my account.
Right now I won’t because I feel like the app ripped me off. Doesn’t matter the amount, the overall experience is horrible!
- Matt McWilliam
- 32.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2019 Cat Facts™
- In-App Purchases
- 10 Credits $0.99
- 20 Credits $1.99
- 50 Credits $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.