See a cat, but don't know its breed?
Take a picture and find out! This app will determine it automatically for you.
Got a mixed breed?
No problem, we will tell you which breeds have been mixed!
No cat around?
Just scan a friend of yours and find out which cat he or she looks like!
- Supports all cat breeds *
- Cat database containing information and pictures of all breeds (even the unofficial ones) can be used without scanning anything, too
- Cat Scanner supports scanning cat images from your gallery, too
- Improved accuracy when taking a short video clip instead of a single image
- Integrated camera with pinch to zoom and tap to focus
- Share your result with your friends by sending an image right out of the Cat Scanner App
- User feedback: tell us, if your result is right and ..
.. you‘ll get the most useful tips to improve your result
.. the app will automatically learn to get more accurate
- Simply translate the app into your language by using the integrated website
- Small app size
Optional premium features:
- Get your results faster
- Configure your scans to be extra fast or even more accurate
- Offline mode: no need for an active Internet connection any longer
- No ads at all
* Different organizations define different breed standards. This app lists all breeds according to the international definition of the FIFe as well as some more. Futhermore, you can use the Cat Scanner app to vote for even more (unofficial) cat breeds to be supported soon.
This app can not transform your smartphone into a crazy space ship being able to extract the blood of your cat with a magic laser. The app gives educated predictions based on what it sees. On average, those predictions are quite accurate. However, it‘s obvious that the result can only be as good as the image/video you provide to the app. Furthermore, it‘s impossible to get each and every individual cat detected correctly. People tend to take it personal, if their own beloved cat isn‘t predicted right though. If you give the app a chance in the first place, you‘ll see that its overall performance is pretty decent. Instead of having to pay a lot of money for a DNA test, you‘re getting this app for free. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Hmmmmmm 🤔 seams like it works tested it on my cat twice said the same thing gives a lot of info I think you should get it second review ok maybe I shouldn’t have judged it so fast depending on the picture there are a couple different breeds but still has the same mixed breed thing so one thing says short har and some other thing another scan says some other thing and short hair but its just app nothing can be 100% correct so all in all seems trustworthy basically at least one breed will show up on each scan of the same cat depends on the pic an accurate breed depends on several scans and a smart human
Simply Ameowzing! I always knew my cat had some Abyssinian in her. This app only confirmed my suspicions! Also, it detected that my Turkish Van was indeed a Turkish Van. I already knew that though. This app is pretty fun and purrfect for curious cat lovers. :3 Meow.
I knew what breed I had but downloaded this for fun and it was head on. Fun app.
- Tim Terfort
- 58.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Tim Terfort
- In-App Purchases
- Cat Scanner Premium $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.