Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Catan", the legendary strategy game on iPhone and iPod touch provides gaming fun any time, anywhere. True to the original game, you can compete with up to four players for the most settlements, the longest roads and the largest army. You can trade with each other and claim the precious land with all its resources.
If there are no other players available, various Catanians, each with their own individual characteristics, will prove themselves worthy competitors: the pirate Jean, who knows no compromise, Vincent the merchant, who never allows himself to be cheated, Sean the knight, who takes what is rightfully his...
The popular Catan expansions “Seafarers” and “Cities and Kights” are available as In-App purchases.
The complete Seafarers expansion includes more than 10 additional scenarios with an extensive campaign. Become Harbormaster, discover new islands and extra game elements like ships, gold fields, treasures and pirates. Ahoy!
The Cities and Knights expansion introduces various new gameplay mechanics that add even more variety to Catan. Invest new trade goods in city improvements to build one of the three metropolises of Catan – but beware of the barbarians attracted by Catan’s new wealth! You’ll need your best knights to fend them off! C&K contains a short campaign and 7 challenging maps.
Find out if you really are a secret colonialist, confront your rivals and become Lord of Catan!
- Original "Settlers of Catan" rule set
- Hot-Seat-Multiplayer mode
- Smart computer opponents with individual strategies
- Scrollable game board including retina-graphics and zoom option
- 3 different graphic sets to choose from: Play with the classic set or select the original graphics from the US or German board game editions
- Freely combinable game settings
- Situation-related music and sound effects
- Game Center Achievements and local game statistics
- Comprehensive tutorial
- Seafarers LITE: New scenario "The 4 Islands" and two additional game variants
- Cities and Knights LITE: Test the new expansion in the scenario “The first Island”
Question: An expansion seems gone after an update or reinstallation of Catan or after restoring my phone?
Answer: Don’t worry, your initial purchase is already saved in your iTunes account. However for technical reasons you might have to select “Buy” again. Confirm and an iTunes message will tell you that you’ve already purchased it and that you can re-download for free. You will NOT be billed twice!
Question: I lost my campaign progress after reinstalling, updating or restoring my phone. Is there any way to restore it?
Answer: When savegames can’t be automatically restored, we’ve integrated a cheat code: In the campaign mode go to select player and enter „CatanWarp*“ (* = 1–15) as your player name and confirm. Exit the game via the home button and restart it. The campaign can now be continued from the specified level number (1–15). Levels up to the specified number will be unlocked in the custom game mode as well.
Question: Are dice rolls really random?
Answer: Of course! All dice rolls are 100% random and not modified in any way. We’re avid Catan players ourselves. We’ve played the iOS version hundreds of times while developing the program. There have been times when we won and lost a few games in a row because of the dice - just like when playing the board game!
Question: What about online multiplayer and further expansions?
Answer: Further content for Catan is already in development. Check our Facebook/Twitter sites for updates and/or beta news.
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
For more information on news and updates:
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and twitter.com/USM_News
What's New in Version 3.0.0
Cities and Knights expansion now available as In-App purchase!
-Cities and Knights LITE available in basic game
-Improved almanac layout
-Numerous smaller tweaks and optimizations
I love to play board games on my iPhone/iPad, but playing Catan with someone else in pass and play is not fun.
My advice is to wait to buy this app when there is a wifi/local multiplayer option. Go and get Ticket to Ride instead, its way less frustrating.
1. It's hard to tell whose turn it is, whose trade it is, ect with out all human players staring at the screen. So have fun endlessly passing the game back and forth. If you accidentally click a check mark during passing its hard to figure out whose turn it is.
2. Even more problematic is that you can see the other human players inventory and points during the computers turn, so even if you have a secret victory point the other player will know about it. Additionally, you can never see the computers inventory, even if a human player's is visible to other players. So you can't plan anything.
3. If you miss seeing a roll, like during the endless passing of the game, you have no idea what is going on in the game. So no way to plan a strategy.
4. Numerous other issues mentioned by others: rolling the dice is not random, multiple screen clicks are needed to accomplish any task, trading with the computer is impossible, help screens not helpful, too many button clicks during trading.
* If you have not played the board game version of Catan, good luck, because it is nearly impossible to figure out how to play the game with the tutorial or help menus.
It's Catan...and you're bored.
This is actually the first review I've ever written for an app. This is pretty much Catan in an app format. Trading can be a little funky, and you'll need to adapt to that portion of the game. You'll start to pick up on certain numbers that hit more than you would think...use this to your advantage. You'll also find development cards are used, and purchased a little more often than you might find playing with friends...just a tip.
There's no question that playing with friends, and on your own board, is the BEST way to play this incredible...but in my case, traveling a lot by plane, train, and automobile, allows me to play without yelling at anyone for their wheat....or brick. I've also found myself playing a round while laying in bed for those insomnia evenings.
If you've reached full nerd status on owning/playing the various expansion packs, you'll find that you can purchase a number of those same scenarios through the game which is a nice feature. I just stick to the original island.
Sure, you'll be asked in the beginning if you want to download another app/game/etc. It can be annoying, but there are worse things in the world people.
If you like Catan, and are looking for a simple app where you can get your fix, it's not gonna hurt to give this game a try. Have fun people!
Pretty good but...
- Sometimes touch isn't responsive/accurate. Such as when placing a settlement in zoomed out mode. Sometimes I can place right away, sometimes it won't place at all and I have to zoom in. Also when scrolling between development cards, it's very easy to miss the scroll button and inadvertently choose a dev card. It would be much easier if we could swipe between them.
- I would like a mode where you could turn off trading between computer players.
- When being offered a trade, or having to give up cards to the bank, it would be VERY helpful to have the option to take a look at the map. And also to view your development cards.
- When given the option to play a knight before rolling the dice, it would be helpful to have the option to view all your development cards as well. Many times you need to look at these things because they factor in to your decisions.
- After a game is finished I would like to know how many points each opponent has including victory development cards.
- It would be nice to be able to finish your turn even though you have already reached the winning number of points.
- I would like to be able to play to 17 points, just for fun.
Other than those, great execution.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 23, 2012
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 70.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- © 2010-2012 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; Catan GmbH.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- The Seafarers$4.99
- Cities & Knights$4.99