- learn the "tch" rule and unlock the 'code' to spelling hundreds of "ch" and "tch" words
- multiple mastery levels
- unlock and collect cool new characters
- cool sound effects and retro arcade graphics
- infinite replayability
- catch the finch to master the "tch" rule as a fun daily exercise
- serious learning presented in an engaging, fun, and intuitive touch game great for all ages and for anyone struggling with language-based learning differences
- gamification research has shown to improve executive level functioning, Golden Platypus apps harness this in an aim to increase retention and automaticity in spelling
This app supports the Orton-Gillingham approach for teaching those with dyslexia. While dyslexics can learn spelling rules and practice them successfully for days in a row, they eventually forget. They need repeated, frequent, daily exposure of the structure of the English language in order to transfer their spelling skills to their independent writing. It is much easier to learn a rule and then apply it to all words, rather than memorizing hundreds of words. This app is a fun and easy way to play a few minutes every day, mastering one of the most fundamental spelling rules -- the "tch" rule!
We take privacy seriously! This app does not track or share your personal information in any way, or with any one. There is a top score list, but you have control over the player name which is not stored anywhere but on your device. There is no user id tracking software, and no advertisements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.