Catchup - Abstract Strategy
By Martin Grider
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Catchup is a simple game of surprising turnarounds.
"Catchup is as elegant as a game can reasonably be, presented in a marvelously user-friendly way.” -Pocket Tactics (5-star review)
"If you're even a little bit into strategy games, you need to get some Catchup all over your mobile device." -Touch Arcade (4 & 1/2 star review)
Can you have the largest group at the end of the game? Connect your hexes to master this beautiful abstract strategy game.
- an interactive tutorial to teach you how to play
- a challenging AI opponent whose difficulty changes as you play
- online turn-based multiplayer via Game Center
- two-player pass-and-play on the same device
- beautiful and haunting music by Tori Kamal
- minimalist graphics with customizable colors
- Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements
- simple and easy to learn rules and gameplay
- difficult to master strategy
Here are all the rules:
1. One player plays all the hexes of one color and the other player plays all the hexes of the other color. The first player begins by claiming 1 empty hex for their color.
2. Starting with the second player, each player must claim 1 or 2 hexes on their turn.
3. If the largest group of hexes at the end of a turn is larger than the largest group of hexes at the beginning of that turn (regardless of color), the next player may claim up to 3 hexes on their turn. (This does not apply after the first player claims a single hex in step 1 above.)
4. The game ends when the board is full. The player with the largest group wins. If the players’ largest groups are the same size, compare their second-largest groups, and so on, until you come to a pair which aren’t the same size. Whoever owns the larger of the two wins.
Catchup is an original Board Game designed by Nick Bentley.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support.
Language selection screen.
strategy/board game featuring clean and customizable visuals, seemingly simple but strategic gameplay, and online multiplayer.
Great game, Weak multiplayer integration
I dig this game! I found it via boardgamegeek.
1 and 2 player modes are great, multiplayer modes are buggy and confusing. Game Center is a little broken anyway and I think the integration with the Game Center might be a little wonky on top of that.
Some real time multiplayer upgrades would make this game fantastic.
Anyway, great game. Nicely implemented too!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Martin Grider
- © 2014 Abstract Puzzle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.