Categorization is an important cognitive-linguistic skill. The ability to accurately categorize allows individuals to learn and access new vocabulary, increase expressive, receptive and reading skills. Categorizing helps individuals develop associations and connections between concepts. This interactive teaching tool can be used by parents, teachers, therapists and individuals to further develop listening skills, reading comprehension, identification of vocabulary, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Teaching tool for speech, language and reading development
- Pictures of real objects
- Developed by a Speech Language Pathologist
- Option to hear question/sentence and answer options
- Random questions - no two sessions are alike
- Manually flip pages for teaching purposes
- Multiple levels with increasing difficulty
- Randomized auditory reinforcement
- Turn on/off written words
- Turn on/off audio reinforcement after answer selected
- No In-App purchases
- No Ads
- Aligned with the Common Core Standards (CCS)
- "Parental gate" to view our other apps
- We don’t collect personal information
Follow us on Twitter: @ICanDoApps
FaceBook: I Can Do Apps LLC
Ratings and Reviews
The sound stopped working which is not helpful when trying to teach a concept please fix now or refund
Good except for flaws
Part 1 worked fine, except it missed plurals, saying "carrot" when the photo showed carrots. Mildly variable loudness and speaking rate.
Part 2 gave three choices but no matter what the third picture showed it always said "ant" when the sound button below it was clicked!
Part 3 and 4 worked fine unless you clicked at the top to hear the question, which closed the app!
Once those minor flaws are fixed it will be a great app.
Great app for helping with cognition and catergorizing
I love that this is so customizable and very "clean" looking screen. My son does well when there is less to distract on a page. Straight forward of what is being asked of the child. Love the pictures, very clear and concrete. I recommend it for basic skill building.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.