Use Caustic's powerful waveform editor to import, load, record, edit and upload samples for use with your KORG Volca Sample device.
- Audiobus compatible (receiver)
- AudioShare compatible (import/export)
- AudioCopy/Paste compatible (import/export)
- iTunes file sharing support
- Open In... support for .wav files.
- Supports any uncompressed, mono or stereo WAV, at any sampling rate or bit depth.
- Apply any of 16 of Caustic's effects and preview them in real-time, then stamp down and apply more.
- Process waveform audio with Fade In/Out, Normalize, Amplify, Reverse operations and more.
- Use Caustic's C-SFXR to generate retro video game samples.
- Trim audio precisely, down to individual samples.
- View the frequency spectrum of your audio.
Volca sample-specific features:
- Upload to any of the 100 sample slots
- Clear all samples
- Restore factory samples
- Monitor device memory
This is not an official KORG app, it is made by Rej Poirier / SingleCellSoftware using the KORG volca sample SDK.
Visit www.singlecellsoftware.com for a free desktop (Windows/Mac) version too.
Ratings and Reviews
Bought a Volca Sample largely because of this app!
I've been a Caustic user since late 2013 - it's a terrific app. So I was naturally intrigued when I saw the developer release a FREE utility for a plastic Korg groovebox I didn't have - the Volca Sample. Fast-forward 2 years, and I picked up a Volca Sample (over the Beats) largely because of the capabilities realized by this app. The Caustic Volca Editor fully marries the worlds of affordable hardware sampling and the insane wealth of cheap iOS instrument apps we have. I've had hours of fun sampling drum hits and C-notes for bass and lead sounds from just about ever app I can think of. The Caustic Volca app allows me to send those to my Volca Sample with nothing more than a 3.5mm audio cable and about 20 seconds per transfer. Even better - I've never had to plug my Sample into a desktop PC or mess with iTunes File Sharing. Amazing that we get this incredible utility for free - it's a must own if you have a Volca Sample!
A must for Volca Sample owners
This app is just brilliant. You have a full blown audio editor here with the most common tools. On top of that you have a big selection of effects (taken from Caustic I assume, which is another brilliant mobile DAW, very similar to Korgs Gadget, from this dev), like reverb, flangers, phasers, filters and so on.
Not sure why we are getting all this for free(!), but I'm definitely very grateful for this app.
If there's any feature requests to be had, perhaps the ability to add reverb or delay tails to the sample when applying effects (this might be possible, I haven't delved too deep yet). Perhaps see the size of the samples as well (again this might be possible already, gonna dig deeper as I go:)
Top notch work!
Better than the korg app!
This is a great editor / file manager for the Korg Volca Sample. It seems much more reliable than the korg app, which keeps giving me errors. Really clear interface and super helpful editing tools. Thank you so much for making this, and making it free! Great stuff.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.