By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The year is 1289. To strengthen the borders of the Kingdom of France, King Philip the Fair decided to have a new castle built. For the time being, Caylus is but a humble village, but soon, workers and craftsmen will be flocking by the cartload, attracted by the great prospects. Around the building site, a city is slowly rising up…
The players embody master builders. By building the King’s castle and developing the city around it, they earn prestige points and gain the King’s favour. When the castle is finished, the player who has earned the most prestige wins the game.
* Pass & Play mode for playing on one device with your friends
* multiple AI players, every with a different strategy
* asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* challenging gameplay
* amazing hand drawn artwork
Caylus received multiple awards:
* 2011 Juego del Año Tico Nominee
* 2006 International Gamers Award winner
* 2006 Deutscher Spiele Preis winner
* 2006 Nederlandse Spellenprijs winner
* 2006 Spiel des Jahres winner, Special Award for Complex Game
* 2006 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek winner, Game of the Year’ and Best Gamer’s Game
* 2006 Hra roku (Czech Game of the Year) nominee
* 2005 Tric Trac d’or (France), Game of the Year, Winner
* 2005 Meeples’ Choice Award winner
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Castle crash in Multiplayer fixed.
- Invitation by Game Center fixed.
- AI bugs fixed.
- Other bugs fixed.
Unsure I would buy again if I had the chance
I like modern board games and have a fairly good collection of them but have never played this. Bought it as the companies other game, Neuroshima Hex is simply awesome. This game....I am very unsure. There is a learning curve. The tutorial is nearly non-existent as is the explanation of game goals and ways of winning. I will struggle on for a while longer but at present feel I just spent some money I didn't need to.
If you have played the board game then I am sure your experience will be different. But if you want to have a quick and easy entry into understanding the board game then I think this may not be the best way of doing so.
I hope I am wrong.
Very nice implementation
Game looks good and plays well. Only just started playing against AI so can't say if it will challenge. But really enjoyed learning to play the game using this app.
Crashed in mid-game
Not sure the upgrade was successful after all. The app crashes every time it tries to recover the game and process, and it will not let me invite Game Center friends.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 02, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 207 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2012 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.