CBS Radio News
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOW Apple CarPlay and iOS10 Ready***
This app offers live-streaming breaking-news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. You’ll also hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
You also have unlimited access to our podcasts from our app, so you can download and listen even if you aren’t connected to the Internet. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSRadioNews.
You’ll also now have access to CBS Radio News content through your dashboard using Apple CarPlay.
• An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
• The latest CBS Radio newscast every time you launch the app
• Breaking News on our 24/7 stream when it happens
• Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
• Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
• Latest Newscast -- All the world’s news in three minutes
• 60 Minutes -- America’s #1 news magazine show
• Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts this weekly political roundtable
• Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News’ 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week’s news
• Runs best on iPhone 4 and later units.
• CarPlay is only available on certain car models. See https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ for more details.
Find out more about us, at our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/cbsradionews, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/cbsradionews and at our website http://cbsradionews.com.
What's New in Version 5.1.35
Significant redesign of all elements
Numerous bug fixes and corrections, especially to the advertising elements that were causing crashes or lock-ups
Improved access to our social feeds from Twitter and Facebook
Local text news access (in some markets with location services on)
CarPlay improvements and bug fixes
New update is awful.
I used to use this everyday. The new interface is clunky and it keeps kicking me to the App Store to buy advertised content... even when I'm not touching the phone. Too many ads overall. Get rid of the twitter and facebook feeds on the home screen. It would be helpful to put key programs on there instead. For example "World News Roundup" and "60 Minutes" are a few tabs back and tough to pull up when driving.
I'll get my radio news elsewhere.
Don't bother downloading. This used to be good. I used it for car play. But now car play has trouble because they want to play a video ad. Then if you are lucky enough to get a newscast. The app will close itself to take you to the App Store to download another app. It acts like malware. I sent in complaints and reports but nothing has been down. It's just gotten worse. Maybe down the road they will fix it. But it's pretty much unusable at this point.
They ruined it
This app used to be great for picking up the news, especially the News Roundup, when I couldn't use a radio. Since the last update it plays endless commercials, ONE update and multiple "This Day In Music History" reports. I don't care about music history that much. I go to CBS for news and can't even get that from them now. I'm deleting this app permanently.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 5.1.35
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © CBS Radio News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.