CBS Radio News
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOW Apple CarPlay Ready***
This app offers live-streaming breaking-news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-
the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. You’ll also hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
You also have unlimited access to our podcasts from our app, so you can download and listen even if you aren’t connected to the Internet. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSRadioNews.
You’ll also now have access to CBS Radio News content through your dashboard using Apple CarPlay.
• An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
• The latest CBS Radio newscast every time you launch the app
• Breaking News when it happens
• Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
• Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
• Latest Newscast -- All the world’s news in three minutes
• 60 Minutes -- America’s #1 news magazine show
• Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts this weekly political roundtable
• Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News’ 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week’s news
• Runs best on iPhone 4 and later units.
• CarPlay is only available on certain car models. See https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ for more details.
Find out more about us, at our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/cbsradionews, on Twitter at
http://twitter.com/cbsradionews and at our website http://cbsradionews.com.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
• CarPlay compatibility implemented.
• Resolved issue with double audio playing unexpectedly.
• Coaching screen added to explain application functionality.
• Various bug fixes.
I like this app
This app is awesome. I like to listen to CBS News whenever I can. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is not available for the iPad. Also, I read the description and it said that all CBS radio newscasts, with the exception of the CBS World News Roundup and the CBS-TV newscasts are for three minutes, and they are actually four minutes (five counting the one minute commercial break).
Bad Ads locking phone up
This App advertisers are attempting to take me to the app store to buy without a touch/click and most of the time do not succeed and locks up the app. Forces me to reset/restart the phone even with latest ios. Makes me wonder if they could make my phone buy the app if I did not have a lock on it. Perhaps that is why it is locking up the app.
If not fixed, I will be forced to uninstall. Otherwise, I like the app.
Seems every time I turn around, others have more control of my phone than myself.
Good idea that needs work
The double audio problem is not fixed. Even with the app offscreen, the Verizon ad plays in the background unless you kill the app completely.
I look forward to the app working correctly as I like the concept of having on demand access to the hourly network newscasts.
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 16.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © CBS Radio News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.