CBS Radio News
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOW Apple CarPlay and iOS10 Ready***
This app offers live-streaming breaking-news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. You’ll also hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
You also have unlimited access to our podcasts from our app, so you can download and listen even if you aren’t connected to the Internet. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSRadioNews.
You’ll also now have access to CBS Radio News content through your dashboard using Apple CarPlay.
• An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
• The latest CBS Radio newscast every time you launch the app
• Breaking News on our 24/7 stream when it happens
• Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
• Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
• Latest Newscast -- All the world’s news in three minutes
• 60 Minutes -- America’s #1 news magazine show
• Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts this weekly political roundtable
• Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News’ 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week’s news
• Runs best on iPhone 4 and later units.
• CarPlay is only available on certain car models. See https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ for more details.
Find out more about us, at our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/cbsradionews, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/cbsradionews and at our website http://cbsradionews.com.
What's New in Version 5.1.35
Significant redesign of all elements
Numerous bug fixes and corrections, especially to the advertising elements that were causing crashes or lock-ups
Improved access to our social feeds from Twitter and Facebook
Local text news access (in some markets with location services on)
CarPlay improvements and bug fixes
New update is awful.
I used to use this everyday. The new interface is clunky and it keeps kicking me to the App Store to buy advertised content... even when I'm not touching the phone. Too many ads overall. Get rid of the twitter and facebook feeds on the home screen. It would be helpful to put key programs on there instead. For example "World News Roundup" and "60 Minutes" are a few tabs back and tough to pull up when driving.
I'll get my radio news elsewhere.
Don't bother downloading. This used to be good. I used it for car play. But now car play has trouble because they want to play a video ad. Then if you are lucky enough to get a newscast. The app will close itself to take you to the App Store to download another app. It acts like malware. I sent in complaints and reports but nothing has been down. It's just gotten worse. Maybe down the road they will fix it. But it's pretty much unusable at this point.
Frustrating to Use
This app is supposed to work with Apple CarPlay but it constantly hangs up, won't play if my phone is locked & randomly shuts down. Also, the excessive ads are ridiculous, especially the full screen ads which require you to touch your phone to close them. Lately, the app CONSTANTLY redirects you to the App Store to download a game which is maddening because it minimizes the CarPlay interface. Total waste of time to download.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 5.1.35
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © CBS Radio News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.