CBS Radio News
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***NOW Apple CarPlay and iOS10 Ready***
This app offers live-streaming breaking-news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. You’ll also hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
You also have unlimited access to our podcasts from our app, so you can download and listen even if you aren’t connected to the Internet. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSRadioNews.
You’ll also now have access to CBS Radio News content through your dashboard using Apple CarPlay.
• An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
• The latest CBS Radio newscast every time you launch the app
• Breaking News on our 24/7 stream when it happens
• Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
• Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
• Latest Newscast -- All the world’s news in three minutes
• 60 Minutes -- America’s #1 news magazine show
• Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts this weekly political roundtable
• Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News’ 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week’s news
• Runs best on iPhone 4 and later units.
• CarPlay is only available on certain car models. See https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ for more details.
Find out more about us, at our Facebook page at http://facebook.com/cbsradionews, on Twitter at http://twitter.com/cbsradionews and at our website http://cbsradionews.com.
What's New in Version 5.1.35
Significant redesign of all elements
Numerous bug fixes and corrections, especially to the advertising elements that were causing crashes or lock-ups
Improved access to our social feeds from Twitter and Facebook
Local text news access (in some markets with location services on)
CarPlay improvements and bug fixes
Please Report Problems
I work for CBS Radio News. We're working hard on improving the interface and functionality. If you have a problem, please use the in-app station contact to tell us about it so we can fix it. There's another review about choosing a podcast not working, but I can't tell what this person means. If they can reach out, we'll be happy to work on fixing the problem.
New update is awful.
I used to use this everyday. The new interface is clunky and it keeps kicking me to the App Store to buy advertised content... even when I'm not touching the phone. Too many ads overall. Get rid of the twitter and facebook feeds on the home screen. It would be helpful to put key programs on there instead. For example "World News Roundup" and "60 Minutes" are a few tabs back and tough to pull up when driving.
I'll get my radio news elsewhere.
Used to be better
I used to use this app practically everyday. It was a great way to catch up on news updates.
The update on October 27th or 28th changed that. The user interface is now absolutely horrible and worse yet, the app crashes while repeatedly forcing ads and opening up the app store.
A real shame. I will be looking for a new app to get the news.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 5.1.35
- Size: 37.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © CBS Radio News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.