CBS Radio News
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app offers live-streaming breaking news as it happens, straight from the CBS newsroom. Get up-to-the-minute national and international news broadcasts every half hour, 24 hours a day. And hear the best CBS News features on money, technology, health, politics, and more.
But that's not all. Now, you can download podcasts from our app, so you can listen even when you aren't connected to the internet. Tell your friends about what you are listening to on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more. See text headlines and tweets from @CBSRadioNews.
* An up-to-the-minute newscast from the CBS Radio newsroom, updated every half hour
* Breaking News when it happens
* An additional "Special Events stream" that includes content not available on our 24/7 stream
On Demand Listening
* Thought-provoking news and features on the stories that matter to you
* Newscasts, news pieces, features and analysis
* Latest Newscast -- All the world's news in three minutes
* 60 Minutes -- America's #1 news magazine show
* Face the Nation -- Bob Schieffer hosts THE weekly political roundtable
* Weekend Roundup -- CBS Radio News' 40-minute news magazine show, a comprehensive look at the week's news
* Opt-in for breaking news text alerts that will let you know when we're taking air with special coverage of a breaking news event
* Runs best on iPhone 4 and later units.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
Here's What's New:
• Improved interface, including easy-to-access Play/Pause button.
• Alarm clock with snooze function - Wake up to an alarm and then CBS Radio News.
• Sleep feature - turns off the app after a set amount of time.
• Local weather on demand
• Easy access to our Facebook and Twitter pages
Application Up and Running
I work for CBS Radio News.
We had a temporary outage over the weekend that causes the app to close immediately. We've fixed the problem and stablized the app. We're sorry for any problems you may have had and encourage you to try the app again.
They claim to be the "breaking news source"- what a joke. They play the same stories over and over again. You will hear the same news story several times in an hour.
Certain segments, like CEO Watch and Tech Watch, will run the same story for a week. Based on these repeat, focused stories, it seems more like paid advertisements placed as news.
Good only for white noise in the background.
My favorite way to stay informed
App works great. A lot of options for information. Great reporting. Indispensable app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 17, 2013
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © CBS Radio News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.