CBS Sports is the #1 source for MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLS and NCAA sports news, scores, videos and more!
Stay up-to-date on current sporting events like the US Open, Ryder Cup, and many more! Watch the top highlights and videos for the most recent sporting events.
Now featuring CBS Sports HQ, your live 24/7 sports channel to catch up on sports scores, news, highlights and more! No subscription required, just open the app and watch live! You can also now easily catch up on what you missed on CBS Sports HQ. Select to watch HQ and see a list of recent aired segments.
The fastest scores, stats, news, tweets & push notifications for all major sports - personalized to your favorite teams. PLUS - all year long - watch live sporting events such as SEC football games (Sep-Dec), NCAA basketball (Dec-Mar), and PGA TOUR (Jan-Aug).
CBS Sports app features:
- Stream the latest scores, news and highlights anytime, anywhere with CBS Sports HQ
- Every major sport: MLB Baseball, NBA Basketball, NHL Hockey, NFL Football, NCAA, MLS Soccer, Golf, Tennis, NASCAR, MMA, WWE and more!
- Fastest news, scores and stats - you’ll see the difference when you know the latest big plays and the final scores before your friends with the CBS Sports App
- It's now easier than ever to find related videos. Just play any video to see a list of similar content.
- Your team's news in a custom feed packed with real-time info from dedicated insiders
- Hand-picked, personalized news alerts for every must-know story
- Watch sports & games LIVE! Watch sports events and analysis all year long - SEC football, NCAA basketball, PGA TOUR, and CBS Sports Network events and shows.
- Listen to live streaming radio, including Jim Rome, Bill Reiter, Tiki and Tierney & more for all of your sports news
- Use Siri Shortcuts to launch scoreboards, jump to your favorite team, or start watching CBS Sports HQ
Plus, everything else you need to be in the know:
- Scores, news, standings, stats, tweets and more for every major sport from high school to the pros: Football (NFL, NCAA), Basketball (NBA, NCAA), Baseball (MLB, NCAA), Hockey (NHL), Soccer (All Major Leagues), Golf, Tennis, Auto Racing (NASCAR, Formula 1) & more
- Exclusive access to CBS Sports coverage of the NFL Draft, March Madness, the Masters, the NBA Draft & more
Stay on top of the game with the CBS Sports app. Download it now for free!
+ Addresses an issue with playing embedded Twitter videos in articles.
+ Siri Shortcuts are a powerful new feature in iOS 12 and CBS Sports is now compatible. Use Siri to launch scoreboards, jump to your favorite team, or start watching CBS Sports HQ.
Ratings and Reviews
Torn between a 3 star and 4 star.
I have the CBS sports app on both my iPhone and iPad. It is my go to sports app for stories and scores and I love that you can add favorites which are then priortized in the “scores” section. Here’s the issue - on the iPhone, this app is awesome in the scores section. If you pick the box score for MLB or NBA and likely others, you pick a person and you get great stats on the person for the year, or career (year by year). I love this. on the NBA, if you pick a person, you get excellent info on all stats for that person for the game, number of made vs attempted for 2 pointers or 3 Pointers or free throws, etc. Awesome. OK, why I can’t give 4 or even 5 stars for the app - you would think on the (bigger) iPad you would get at least the same info if not more (considering a bigger screen size). NOPE, you get less, not of the career info on the MLB side and no game details on a person. Makes no sense!!!!!!!!!! Come on, lets fix this. I sit at home and check the scores and want t see some stats and I want to use my iPad but whoops = I forgot, the app stinks on th iPad. So off to the small screen and the iPhone. HELLO???? Please.
Has Poor QA/QC
There are a lot of good things about this app such as the box scores and the fact that they have lesser know sports like college baseball. However, it can be very buggie. Often times taking you to a blank white screen instead of players profiles whenever you press on there name. I also think this app suffers from bad QA/QC. Such as the “Tweet” section of baseball game going days at a time without being updated. So you’re looking at a Twins v Indians game and the tweets from both teams are from two days prior. Additionally, the college football score board often times can be incorrect. I watched WV and Texas Tech go into half time 35-10, yet the score in the app was 40-13. It was weird because the score summary correctly documented each scoring drive, but the score still remained incorrect. I often get notification for college football games such as a 1 point touchdown or a 9 point field goal. It’s all very confusing. Due to these quality issues, I have decided to go to the Four Letter and will probably never return to CBS.
Why does CBS give Kyle Porter the ability to add CBS
I have read Kyle Porter’s hyper coverage of Tiger Woods over the past couple few years. It’s always Tiger versus the complete field and whomever is the leader that week - that’s Kyle’s great golfing hope. What shocks me is not Porter’s negativity toward Tiger and his disrespect of Tiger. But it’s the fact that CBS has hired and given their name to a reporter spewing a type of coverage I sometimes think would fit fine with the Fox News Channel. Golf has and I hope still is a place where respect and competition (and the discussions surrounding these aspects) are challenged to meet higher standards. And I love that’s. It was the case with Jack and Arnie and Lee and Gary. When Tom Weiskopf popped up on top one week everyone applauded it. Jack was not thrown under the bus that week. Just something to think on folks. Tiger is not perfect..., no doubt. But folks, neither are the other players, institutions or I guess sportscasters as well. Time Kyle and CBS were held accountable for the slander, made corrections, and moved things to a higher place. It’s the right thing to do. Larry Lane..., Portsmouth NH
- CBS Mobile
- 175.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 CBS Interactive Inc., a CBS Corporation Company. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.