By Comedy Central
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The CC:Stand-Up app gives you free access to Comedy Central’s massive library of stand-up from your favorite comedians. Enjoy the best bits from the likes of Kevin Hart, Louis C.K., Gabriel Iglesias, Daniel Tosh, Amy Schumer, John Mulaney, Pete Holmes, Aziz Ansari and hundreds more. The best part? No cover charge, no two-drink minimum.
The app comes loaded with features to contour your comedy viewing experience:
· The CHANNEL is the ultimate place to sit back and laugh, get hours of the best stand-up without interruption. Like TV but better. No need to fight grandma for the remote.
· Our FEATURED mode brings you curated stand-up playlists based on a particular topic, recent Comedy Central special, or simply the very “best-of” from a comedy giant. Don’t ask us what curated means, look it up. We can’t do everything!
· Not sure what to watch? While viewing a clip in the app, click on the DISCOVER mode to find related comedians and videos connected by genre, topic, shared credits or random trivia. Think of it as Six Degrees of Stand-Up.
· Finally the app gives you the ability to SEARCH our stockpile of over 700 comedians and 6,000 videos -- just type in a comic’s name or the title of a specific clip. Our library has everything you're looking for, except a librarian. (We are working on this for future builds.)
The best things in life are free and the Comedy Central Stand-Up app is no exception.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
· Support for iOS 8
· Several bugs have been fixed — that means fewer app crashes
Fantastic app for comedy fans
Nice app...one of my faves. Great way to discover new comedians. The bits are well chosen, and ads are relatively infrequent. Reviewers bemoaning the lack of complete shows are
missing the point. I don't think the app is supposed to be a storehouse of standup sets. What it does exceptionally well is to "shuffle" short bits of comedy from a host of comedians. Search functionality is a bit unwieldy, but I rarely use the app for that. I mean, as long as I can skip Jeff Dunham…
Two suggestions: 1) it would be great if we could rate/review each comedian, and subsequent shuffles would more reflect our interests, a la Pandora, and 2) Chromecast!
Good, but room to improve.
I have to say first that I think the idea for this app is great. I love stand up, and it's cool to see an app devoted entirely to it. The problems for me though are these. Firstly, only clips are available, not full shows. Watching two minutes from the middle of a comedians half-hour special really isn't fully enjoyable. Secondly, the interface and set up are very lacking when compared to the main Comedy Central app. In the end, you can do most of the things this app does on other apps like pandora, and even iTunes Radio, with a much better experience. If some things were improved though, it could earn five stars.
LOVE the idea but . . .
Clips are too short, commercials are not only too frequent but have a tendency to freeze. I understand the need for commercials on a free app, but PLEASE give us longer comedy clips and get your act together with the freezing commercials. That said, the whole idea and the features are really conceived well. I like the spider thing that shows you related comics to discover. Solve the technical glitches and you'll really have something.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 05, 2015
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 26.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Viacom International Inc.
- © 2015 Comedy Partners. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.