Quick access from CDC to ACIP-recommended immunization schedules, complete with footnotes. Intended for healthcare professionals recommending and administering vaccines to infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
This app is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. When your device is connected, content is automatically updated so you have the most up-to-date information.
This tool provides:
- Child and adolescent schedules, with immunization recommendations from birth through age 18
- Adult schedule, listing recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
- Contraindications and precautions table, with footnotes applying to schedules
- Color coding coordinates with printed schedules
- Hyperlinked vaccine name opens pop-up with dose specifics
- Catch-up schedule for children 4 months through 18 years shows minimum dosing interval
- Related vaccine resources and websites
- Automatic updates
Updated for iOS 11 compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
Great start, Needs a little work
This app does a great job of simplifying the master chart that can be intimidating and confusing to the lay person.
Other reviewers mention erroneous information, I saw none. My guess is they don’t quite understand how and where to start reading the recommendations based on their own health status.
If you have NO chronic or acute medical conditions you look at the schedules organized by age, make sure you understand the color key.
If you HAVE a chronic or acute medical condition, look at the “Adult Conditions,” or “Contraindications” recommendations FIRST, then use the schedule based on YOUR health status recommendations. The age schedules are written with the assumption there is NO underlying health conditions, so you have to keep that in mind.
Suggestions for optimizing the app:
-Disclaim upon opening the app, that the age schedules assume a “normal” health status
-Instructions on how to use app
-Option to customize a health profile that then populates a customized schedule
Two of the recommended vaccines for my age also show under “contraindications”. How is one to trust any of this information when it includes such gross error?
It fails to indicate the frequency needed for most vaccines.
Also, it would be best to incorporate a way of tracking your vaccinations record.
Updated to the new OS and the app no longer loads. I use it with patients to show what vaccines are needed. However, All the good value this app provides disappears when the app no longer loads on my iPad. Please fix this app
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- 16.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.