**U.S. Government’s Most Current and Trusted Travel Health Guidelines**
ABOUT YELLOW BOOK 2018
The fully revised and updated CDC Yellow Book 2018 app delivers the U.S. government’s most current travel health guidelines, including pre-travel vaccine recommendations, destination-specific health advice, and easy-to-reference maps, tables, and charts. Authored by a team of the world’s most esteemed travel medicine experts, this app best codifies the U.S. Government’s latest travel guidelines to staying healthy anywhere in the world.
New for the 2018 edition, review dedicated topics on emerging infectious disease threats such as Zika, Ebola, and MERS, new cholera vaccine recommendations, updated guidance on the use of antibiotics to treat traveler’s diarrhea, special considerations for unique types of travel (i.e. wilderness expeditions, work-related travel, and studying abroad), and fully revised advice for specific destinations in international travel.
• Pre-travel vaccinations and preventative care
• Destination specific guidelines with sections on Cuba and Burma
• Advice for travelers with specific health needs (pregnant women, travelers with chronic illness, etc.)
• Practical tips for last minute or resource limited travelers
• Recommendations for air crews, humanitarian workers, missionaries, and others who provide care and support overseas
• Easy to use reference maps, tables, and charts
• Notes for making custom notes and highlights within entries
• Full Text Search to find specific topics quickly
• "Favorites" for bookmarking important topics
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: Gary W. Brunette
Publisher: Oxford University Press
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
* New Look and Feel
* iOS 11 Support
* Background updating allows you to continue using the app as new content is downloading
* Organize favorites with tagging
Ratings and Reviews
Not really a preview
I don’t think any reasonable man would call this a “Preview.” Once you waste your time and data downloading the app, you will ONLY have access to a “water disinfection for travelers” document. If you want to know what the app contains and how it functions you’ll have to pay $30 or just go to the CDC website where it’s free.
We appreciate your feedback. The current Preview version offers 11 available entries in the "Contents" section and 46 available entries within the "Topics" section to aid in a user's decision whether to purchase. Purchasing an account unlocks the remaining content and also grants the ability to add Favorites and Notes so that you can easily return to entries that are important. Also, once the content has been synced to your device, it is accessible without an internet connection. These perks set the mobile app apart from accessing the content online.
Don’t waste your time - go to CDC instead
Complete waste of time. The “previews” are no such thing and nearly all information is behind a $30 paywall.
Don’t bother with this cash grab. Go to the CDC website where all the information is available freely.
It is disgraceful that a public health info resource like this that is already paid for by taxpayers and donations *and* that has all the info for free on the CDC website is being sold here for a hefty profit. Absolutely shameful behavior.
A minor convenience fee of $1-$3 or so would be perfectly fine, but present cost is criminal.
Making you pay for a free product
This is a government document, free online, but these cons are selling it to you. Don’t be scammed.
- Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- 15.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- CDC Yellow Book $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.