The more digestive health information you provide to your physician, the better care you will receive. Gi BodyGuard, developed by health experts at the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation (www.CDHF.ca), is an easy to use app that allows you to track your digestive health information.
Who was Gi BodyGuard created for?
Gi BodyGuard caters to people with a multitude of digestive health issues such as GERD, IBD, Crohns, Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal Disorder, Acid Reflux, Celiac Disease, Pancreatitis, Ulcerative Colitis, and Diverticulitis, among others.
What can Gi BodyGuard do for me?
Gi BodyGuard empowers you to track vital digestive health information and recognize trends that may indicate a change in your health status. With a few quick clicks, you can quickly, privately, and easily create an extensive, up-to-the-minute summary of your digestive health history to share with your health care team. Armed with critical information about you, they can provide informed care to help you feel better.
Use Gi BodyGuard to track:
• Stool frequency and consistency
• Presence and type of blood in stool
• Symptoms you experience
• Pain location and severity
• Your medical history
• Food intake
• Exercise (cardio, strength training and stretching)
Gi BodyGuard also allows you to set reminders for taking medications and renewing your prescriptions. For those with chronic illnesses, these are important for regaining and maintaining good health.
“Gi BodyGuard is a well organized and intuitive app. the icons are large with clear categories, its hard to get lost using this program.” Kate
“Gi BodyGuard's tracking system is easy to use and captures all the symptom information I need to share with my doctor.” Jake
“This app provides a detailed history, which allows me to go back and isolate foods that are triggering pain and tummy troubles.” Cathy
“Gi BodyGuard has saved me time by not having to manually log and track symptoms into a notebook. I am now better prepared for appointments with my doctor and feel proactive about managing my IBD.” Monica
ABOUT THE CDHF
The Canadian Digestive Health Foundation (CDHF) helps reduce suffering and improve quality of life by empowering people like you with trusted, up to date, science-based information about digestive health and disease. As the foundation of the Canadian Association of Gastroenterology, the CDHF works directly with leading physicians, scientists and other health care professionals to help you understand and take control of your digestive health with confidence and optimism. In addition to developing Gi BodyGuard, the foundation offers a robust suite of educational resources, programs and events to help you improve your digestive — and overall — health. Learn more at www.CDHF.ca
Support for more mobile devices
Ratings and Reviews
Try Cara instead
I can't use this now since I have the stoopid iOS 11 downgrade but I had to take screenshots to keep an ongoing log. 🤷🏽♀️ Happily I found Cara and have been able to keep a handle on things with it and Life Cycle (with creatively named "activities" meaning "GI distress" and numbering from 1-7). Poo Keeper is another straight forward log for just the GI part (you can add pictures!).
I hope all you IBS folks know about the Monash University IBS app too. That'll help you figure out you can eat lots of strawberries… if you're lucky.
Can only log present day
As soon as it hit 12, yesterdays log was gone and I couldn't find it anywhere. This app had was perfect, quick and simple while being detailed enough to be of benefit, but what's the use of a log that only saves the current day? There is none, I need to delete the app and hope I find something similar.
Can't add entries to previous day's log
Every time I try to add last night's dinner it adds it to the current day's log. Frustrating when I'm trying to figure out my IBS triggers.
- Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
- 27.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010 Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.