The official, Cedar Point app! Get more out of every day at the park with ride wait times for your favorite rides, an interactive guide map that will help you find the fastest route to any place in the park, easy access to your FunPix photos, a complete listing of all the entertaining shows and events, including show times, so you won’t miss a minute of the action. Buy tickets or store your Season Pass on your phone and receive special offers and discounts only available to app users. Everything you need to make your day at Cedar Point the best day ever!
Use the free Cedar Point app for:
• Personalized experience based on your likes and interests.
• Wayfinding for events with multiple locations.
• Click on a particular location to view events that are happening at that location.
With this release, we’ve added new features to provide you a more personalized experience based on your likes and interests. You can now easily add, view and update your preferences anytime within the app to help you make the most of your visit with us!
We've also continued to improve events via two new features in this release. You can now view the events happening at a particular location and get wayfinding for events with multiple locations!
Ratings and Reviews
I’m not a coaster rider (and my kids had fast passes anyway), so I did not use the wait times feature. Except for the map, the vast majority of the app was adverts/sales pitches for tickets/fast passes/meal plans. We already had those before arriving at the park, so why would we need them in the app? What I really wanted was a search feature on the map so we could easily locate nearby places without scrolling through tons of lists. Or at least a list of all the food vendors that accepted the all-day dining wristband. A coupon came up in the app for a BOGO funnel cake. We then spent an hour wandering the park, looking for a location that sold funnel cakes. Why not list the locations on the coupon (or better yet, link it to the map)? This app could be so much better if it focused more on user functionality with an interactive map rather than on advertising and ticket sales. The people using the app generally already have tickets! Cedar Point takes in the tourist cash—you’d think they could afford to hire a skilled app developer. The website needs improved to include more useful information, too, because once again all of the FAQs focus on sales rather than actual park information.
Great app, a few recommendations
This app is great for what it is intended for, I would love to see a few improvements however.
1. CP, if you could please add an option for your users to sort your coaster waiting time list, that would be awesome! Say for example my top 3 favorites are the Millennium, the Dragster, and the Maverick. I would like to be able to put them on the very top of the list for easy, fast, viewing. Or I could sort them by area if I wanted to. Right now they’re just in alphabetical order, and of course the park or my preferences are not.
2. I’ve noticed that your advertised waiting times are not always up-to-par with what the wait time is at the front of the entrance, and that sign is always generally accurate. Perhaps the person at the front of the queue should be updating the app (if they are not already). In general, the app doesn’t update as frequently as the sign entrance does.
That’s all I can think of as of right now, I will update if I think of anything further. Otherwise, great idea for a great app!
Wait times are almost never correct.
The app is nice for navigating around the park. But completely useless if you want to use it for ride wait times. Many of the roller coasters would say that it was a 5 or 10 min wait. Then when we got to the ride, it would actually be a 45 min to an hour wait. Even while standing in line the app would still say 5 or 10 min wait. Cedar point obviously fails big time with this feature. Or or else they are intentionally trying to make you think the wait times are way less than they really are just to get you there. Total BS.
- Cedar Fair L.P.
- 95.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Cedar Fair L.P.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.