Cell Phone Coverage Map
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Our CoverageMap app empowers you to test network performance in areas where you live, work, and play. Not only does testing performance in your neighborhood provide you with useful insights, but the data you produce also helps carriers improve the quality of your mobile life.
The newest version of the app for iOS has expanded the functionality and ease of use found in previous versions to give you a personal network testing and comparison tool that’s better than ever. And whether you’re already familiar with our CoverageMap app or simply curious about testing mobile network performance in your neighborhood, you’ll quickly see how easy it is to get started.
• Improved user interface. Our updated app not only boasts a beautiful new user interface, but it also makes it easy to find and select the options and settings you want to use before running a test. Plus, easily identify areas that have yet to be tested, and be the first to put yourself on the map.
• A world of results on an expanded dashboard. Your test results can tell you a great deal about your daily mobile life. Get a broader understanding of your findings with new stats such as moving averages, histories, and more.
• Personalize your results. Wondering how performance with your carrier of choice compares between the office and at home? Now you can find out. Easily select multiple hexes on the map to compare your results, and find out if others are having the same experience.
• Test how you want, when you want. Set your device to automatically run performance tests continuously, or sample network conditions in the background. Stop a test at any time with either setting. When you turn background collection on, you anonymously contribute information about your device’s data performance without using your data plan.
• We want to hear from you. While we love to see more and more data points appear on the map, you can also tell us about your experience in your own words. Whether it’s something you feel requires our attention, or you just want to say you’ve had a great experience testing performance, we want to hear from you.
Enjoying the app? Please rate it and leave your comments in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
What's New in Version 3.0.2
UI improvements and bug fixes.
Basically a good app, room for improvement
The app gives enough information to get a general idea of coverage in a general area. It seems like there is a lot of old data, for example, I look at a hexagon, it has 45mb down speed at LTE for ATT. I look at the next or nearby hexagon(s), they show 2g/3g for ATT at .3mb. obviously this data is old and confusing, there is no way to see when a data point was taken. Either you need to be able to select data from the last year or older data needs to be discarded. Mostly I look in neighborhoods or off major highways, where limited data was collected. So a really slow data right next to super fast is confusing. Also, it is unclear how the app collects db readings to me, and I couldn't find an answer. Do you have to have the app running and make a call? I tried letting the app run while driving but no db data has ever shown up on those routes.
Map inconsistent. Hexagons need to be updated
Some of the hexagons will be dark blue with a certain speed (ex:30) and then another hexagon will be lightdark blue and will be a higher number (32). Older version was better when taking tests I liked how it used to say the data usage. Continuous testing used to be able to go on forever now only goes on for 21 tests. Dose not record call data any more. Best technology found dose not update in areas where LTE tests have been taken. All tests of 2G/3G from 2014 and back should be deleted because some areas show .3 on 2G/3G and then there will be a hexagon right next to it with LTE speeds of 78. You should start crowd source testing too. Also have a way to make it so you can like circle a certain area an will tell u what the best carrier is overall in that particular area, and who has the fastest seep and who has the highest average speed. You guys also don't answer your email anymore for support
I miss the old app
I'm sad that I updated this app, the new version might be more aesthetically pleasing.. but I feel the old one was more functional. I'll probably delete this app unless I can find a way to restore the old version from a backup on my iMac. Sadly I think the developer messed this app up and needs to revert it back to the old style to win me back as a user.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 19, 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 30.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Root Wireless, Inc.
- © 2010–2016 RootMetrics. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.