The CellScope app for clinicians works with the Oto to convert the iPhone into a connected, digital otoscope for smarter ear care. Easily capture, view and share high quality magnified images of the eardrum.
The Oto is available nationwide and can be purchased online at www.cellscope.com/clinicians. The Oto is compatible with the iPhone 5, 5s, SE, 6, 6s, and 7. *iPhone 5c, 6+, and 7+ are not supported
BETTER ENGAGE PATIENTS IN THE CLINIC
• Capture and share ear images with patients to educate them on their ear health.
TRACK PATIENT’S EAR IMAGES OVER TIME
• Track ear images to improve quality and consistency of care.
• Attach to digital records and store ear exams on CellScope’s secure HIPAA-compliant online portal.
IMPROVE MEDICAL EDUCATION
• Train residents, students, nurses and staff and use the Smart Reference library to find similar images of ear conditions.
“I love the ability to access a medical grade app on the iPhone to show people what their ear looks like during their visit. It's a great tool for physicians, physician training and patient education.” - Dr. Charles Suntra, Otolaryngologist
• Clinical Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, July 2015
• American Journal of Emergency Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, May 2015
The Oto is considered a Class 1 device, which makes it exempt from FDA approval or clearance (Source: 21 CFR Parts 862-892) due to the low-risk level associated with this type of device. CellScope adheres to the FDA’s rules and requirements for marketing, including but not limited to: registration, labeling and good manufacturing practices.
Copyright 2013-2016, CellScope, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Contact us with any questions or feedback. email@example.com or (888) 930-6490.
- Updated for use with iPhone 7
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Not what I thought
I thought it was an app that you didn't need any connections for but you do
Worthless software but a clever device. Support is nonexistent. Images are upside down and reversed. If you lock iPhone orientation they continue to rotate in the manner. This makes navigation of the external ear canal unsafe for the inexperienced. Not for the home user as injury could result.
Awesome app. Brilliant execution.
Used my iPhone6. Had trouble at first but realized I didn't push the magnifying glass over hard enough. Once it clicked in place, I was able to get clear video of ear drums and send them off for review. Nice work! Great value. No more kids screaming "ear boo boo" while I stand by helplessly.
- CellScope, Inc
- 66.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © CellScope Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.