By Celtx Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Want to eliminate mistakes on set before they happen and save time and money on your next production? Then get Shots - the innovative and super-useful pre-vis tool from Celtx.
With Shots you'll be fully prepared for the shoot. You can add images to storyboard sequences, set camera angles and descriptions for each shot, and tie-in camera and lighting setups that you can easily sketch yourself from the more than 600 included clip-art images.
Shots also makes it easy to backup files to your Celtx account and sync projects with your iPad/iPhone - so you can take your pre-vis everywhere.
And - bonus! - Shots comes with a storyboard player built in, so you can view the flow of your work and save all your boards as animatic movies.
Save time & money. Pre-visualize with Shots.
→ Add images to create dynamic storyboards.
→ Sketch informative setups quickly and easily using 600+ clip art images.
→ Add narrative audio to storyboards.
→ Save storyboards as animatic movie files to communicate your vision.
* Create and edit multi-sequence, multi-shot storyboards.
* Block camera, lighting, talent, and equipment setups.
* Sync storyboards with Celtx Shots on your iPad/iPhone.
* Sync and share storyboards with Celtx online workspaces.
* View storyboard and blocking animatics with the built-in player.
* Save storyboard and blocking animatics as movie files (.avi)
* Resize, rotate and flip storyboard images in-app.
What's New in Version 1.1
- images only
- sketches only
- images and sketches
- record audio for each shot
- play back audio with storyboard
- save storyboard with audio to a video file
- settings for Image/Sketch, Image, Sketch button settings are remembered
- delete key supported in sketch editor
- tooltips for menu buttons in sketch editor
You cannot actually sketch anything you can only add the artwork that celtx has. Not even basic draw tools very poor program wish I could return it!
Is it awesome? No. Is it better than hand sketching? Hell yeah!
Is it a great program? Nope. Is it kind of buggy? Yep. Does it save time and look great? Yep!
I really hate how there aren't many options to change anything. Re-sizing things are a pain. You can't copy a sketch or even a shot so that you can paste it later in the sequence (like in a back and forth dialogue). I wish that adding text to things weren't such a pain. Also, there is no way to really share the darn thing outside of printing a PDF, which is fine, but I mean, when I go to the export menu, there is only one shaded out option (Export as a movie). Also, who the heck wants to share a storyboard as a movie?
There's a myriad of problems (or additional features) that should have came with the program. It's really a: Here's a bunch of blank things, put stuff on it, and move it around. If Powerpoint had a better library of characters and props, it'd probably be even better. Oh yeah, you can't change the angle on any of the props…so you have to be creative.
Anyways, it's worth the 20 bucks, but definitely not a single penny more. In fact, maybe it's only worth $19.99. And I'm being nice about it.